Answered

Archiving Accrual Policy

Badge +3

I can’t really find alot of information on archiving accrual policies.

I have reassigned everyone to a new accrual policy but there are still some on the old accrual policy (assume this is because they have taken holidays in the year).  So I can archive the accrual policy, but what does this mean in regards to having moved everyone to the new policy? I don’t quite understand the relationship between having people on the old policy and archiving it and moving them to the new policy.

icon

Best answer by ConorCunningham 6 April 2023, 12:15

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Hey @tomblake 

As mentioned in our helpcenter article on how to Set up accrual policies, When you no longer need an accrual policy, you can decide to either delete it or archive it. When you choose to archive the accrual policy:

• The accrual policy will be permanently archived, and you won't be able to restore it. However, the policy will still appear as Archived accrual policy, and will be used as the basis for accruals for those employees who are still assigned to it and who did not get assigned a new policy. In other words, archiving the accrual policy will not impact the employee's absence balances and entitlement. 

So if employees are still assigned to this accrual policy, it will still be the basis for their accruals. However, you have stated that you will move employees to a new policy, so going forward this is where the new basis for the accruals will be for the employees. 

In essence, archiving the accrual policy means you won’t be able to assign it to new employees. However, old employees who are still assigned to this accrual policy will continue to accrue their entitlement based on this old accrual policy unless a new accrual policy is assigned

I hope this explanation cleared up any confusion, however I am happy to answer any further questions you may have.

I hope you have a great day ☘️

Best,

Conor

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi there,

I have a similar question:   We have an absence type called flextime which currently has an accrual policy assigned. 

I would like to remove the accrual policy from the absence but am concerned that I may screw up employee’s data if I do this. I would like to understand what would happen if I delete the accrual policy? (The accrual value is “0”).  Would all past flextime leave be removed from the absence calendar?

What would be the best way for me to resolve this? Our system is currently showing high negative values for employees and I would like to have that cleaned up.

Thanks!

Linda

Badge +3

I’m not sure if this is helpful, but this is what I’ve learnt.

An accrual policy either begins at the date the employee commenced employment, or the date a new accrual policy is set.  So if you add an accrual policy it will calculate from employee commencement if there isn’t one before it, even if you select the date telling the system when to start the accrual policy from.

If you remove an accrual policy it will remove all the accrual policy calculations back to either the previous accrual policy (if there is one) or remove them completely for every year it was applied. 

That is my understanding.

Userlevel 5

Hey @Linda 

If you remove an accrual policy, the main issue is the entitlement will no longer be granted to the employee resulting in negative balances if absences have been taken. To clear up any confusion, the removal of an accrual policy does not have any effect on absence periods and they will remain in the absence type. Therefore the past flexitime would not be removed from the Absence Calendar. The only time the absences will be removed is if the absence type is deleted.

In order to fix negative balances for your employees, an accrual policy with their entitlement needs to be assigned (For example 10 days per entitlement period). So as you mentioned, you currently have an accrual policy of 0 days assigned to employees, however as they have taken absences using the absence type, they are now in a negative. 

You can assign an accrual policy with their set entitlement and this will now balance out the negative number (so long as they have not taken more days than they are entitled to). If you run into difficulties when doing this, please let me know and I can guide further.

Best regards, 

Conor

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi Conor,

Thanks for the input.  I have removed the accrual policies from the absence type and the data is now clean in the system.

I appreciate your support!

Regards,

Linda

Your reply