Answered

attendance: bulk import and double-check

• 20 December 2023
  • 1 reply

Hello

I have many questions regarding attendance.

I would like to import all working hours in all my employee profiles (around 100), all at once, for the whole year of 2024, for every single working day of the year, except for the public holidays. 

I know that we can do a bulk import by filling out a specific Excel sheet, but the problem is that to do so, we need to add every single day of the year for every single employee on the Excel sheet which will take forever and the Excel sheet would be very heavy ! Is there an easiest and fastest way to do that?

Is there an easy and fast to do this as well when a new employee joins the company?

Another question would be: how can we easily check all working hours for all employees? Is this possible to set up rules and export only the data we want, i.e. export only working hours exceeding 10 hours per day…?

Please let me know.

Thank you for your help.

Ophélie 

icon

Best answer by International Support Team 27 December 2023, 10:48

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 5

Hey @Ophélie 

I believe I answered a support request from your colleague on this matter, however I will post the answer again for the rest of our Community. 

No unfortunately as you mentioned, you will need to use our Attendance Period import. We do not have another way to bulk copy attendances in a faster way. 
As the file may be very large due to it covering a year, I would break it up into smaller files (25 employees per file) to speed up the importing process. 
To help you on this task, here is our guide on Importing Historical Attendances.

If you have a better idea for how we can improve this, please submit this into our Ideation Area.

Another question would be: how can we easily check all working hours for all employees? Is this possible to set up rules and export only the data we want, i.e. export only working hours exceeding 10 hours per day…?

You can check on working hours in a number of ways:

• 1. You can do this individually by going to the employee’s Attendance tab and exporting from here.
  • 2. You can use the System Report - Attendance Periods to pull the data this way. 
  • 3. You can create a Timeframe Custom Report and using the attendance attributes pull reporting on this. 

You can filter using attributes or projects to group employees together, however we unfortunately do not have the possibility to group by working hours exceeded per day. For this, I would recommend as mentioned using an attribute to group these together or to have the employees use an attendance project. Again, please provide this feedback through our Ideation Area so that our Product Team knows of this possible improvement.

If you have any follow up questions, please let me know.

Best regards, 

Conor

Your reply