Answered

Can I change from daily to hourly tracking after creating a leave type?

• 7 February 2023
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi. 

We have set up our leave types to have daily not hourly tracking.

I just found out that if a PT employee requests a week of leave, the system counts this as 5 days, even if their schedule shows that they work half days. 

The article Manage absences tracked in hours – Personio was helpful, but can I change to hourly tracking after creating the leave type? 

We have several different part time schedules (some people work a half day each days, others work half day one or two days per week etc etc) so I need to find a good way to manage this. I don’t want to have to tell them to make multiple requests each time. 

thanks

Alice

icon

Best answer by Andrea 8 February 2023, 14:58

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @AliceM 👋🏼,

Once you have created an absence type and selected if it should be an hourly or a daily absence, it is not possible to change this aspect of the absence type retroactively. The system informs the users about this on the interphase when creating absences:

Settings > Work Hours and Absences > Absences > General Settings

In this case, it will be necessary to create a new absence type with hourly absences, in order to manage your part-time employee’s absences.

If you need any guidance, our help center article could aid you by the configuration of the absence:

Let me know if this information was helpful for you, or if there is any other question I can support you with.

I wish you a lovely day 🌻.

Best,

Andrea

Your reply