Answered

Carryover - cancelling

• 28 February 2023
  • 9 replies

I am trying to delete the carryover aspect as it is mucking up the totals of our annual leave.  Even though ‘Accrual carryover from previous year - No carryover’ is showing on the absence types, it is still showing on all the staff’s details.

As a company we don’t allow any annual leave carryover, so ideally I want to remove this section completely - is that possible? 

icon

Best answer by Andrea 14 March 2023, 13:18

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

I’m commenting to get updates.

I had similar issues as the carryover is automated to calendar cycle rather than contract cycle so it was messing things up.

Not sure if that’s the same issue for you.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hello @michellekv,

I am sorry to get back to you only now! Is this topic up to date? If so, please share some screenshots with me regarding the absence type settings for the carryover, as well as a screenshot of an employee profile where the carryover is being shown, although it is deactivated. For the last screenshot, I only need to see the absence balance of the corresponding absence type (e.g., “Paid leave”) to compare both. Please don’t share any private data in your screenshots, as the community is an open space.

Looking forward to supporting you with this topic!

Best,

Andrea

Hi @Andrea, thank you for replying!  I’ve attached 2 screenshots, one showing the breakdown on the employee profile & a screenshot of the ‘no carryover’ confirmation.  I’ve really no idea what I’m doing wrong, and how to get around this, but as we don’t carryover any annual leave, ideally I would like to be able to remove the whole section on carryover.

Many thanks,

Michelle

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @michellekv,

I see. Is the carryover within other employee profiles also negative, or is there any positive values?

Best,

Andrea

All staff who started prior to 1st Jan 2023 have the same issue. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

@michellekv Thanks for the response :). 

I ask, since a negative value means that the employee took more days the past year, as their accrual policy included. In this case, the system will always show the carryover from the previous year, since these days are deducted automatically from this year’s accrual. If the accrual days were positive, the system would not consider and show them for the next year if the carryover is deactivated.

In the balance history, you can retrace why the value of the carry over is negative:

Employee profile > Absences

Does this help you clarify this topic? Do you have any further question?

Best,

Andrea

Disable checkingPremium suggestions

That’s great, it’s sorted!  Thank you for your help. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Is there anything to highlight that where the Annual Leave is based on Contract Start Date? - then the renewal and carryover is not Calendar year - but Contract year… that’s where we had issue.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

I have turned James comment in a new thread. Please see:

Your reply