Answered

Delegating absence approval workflow during vacation etc.

• 10 August 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

HI there,

I have seen the new option to delegate absence approvals which I am pleased to see. However, As far as I can see there is only the option to have the approver’s supervisor as the substitute for the approvals.  In a small organisation such as ours, with flat hierarchy levels, this can quickly lead to our CEO receiving a whole bunch of approvals.

It would be preferable to be able to select a colleague who can obtain the approval workflows, i.e. a workflow that is not vertical but horizontal (example: a team leader may ask another team-leader colleague to cover this during his/her vacation) rather than have C-level folks receive the approval requests. 

Anyone else think this is a good suggestion?

Regards,

Linda

icon

Best answer by International Support Team 11 August 2023, 17:36

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 5

Hi @Linda,

Thank you for your community question! In the Approvals Work Flow you can also select a Specific Employee.

Step 1: Create an Employee filter for who will substitute a certain Supervisor

Go to Settings > Approvals > Relevant Absence type > Employee filters > Add new Filter > Supervisor equals (name of the Supervisor that is on Leave).

Step 2: Go back to Approval Rules.
Settings > Approvals > Relevant Absence type > Add new ruleset > select the Employee filter you previously created > Specific Employee > name of the employee that will take over the approvals > Save

Once again thank your for your community question. Here you will find more information regarding: Set up approval workflows

I hope you have a lovely day!

Best,

Sofia​​​​​​

Hello,

thank you very much for adding this option!

I have two questions to understand:

1. We need to manually add the substitution rule every time the supervisor is on leave, right? Otherwise the requests will be permanently forwarded to the substitute?
  2. And for each supervisor we have to create an extra substitution rule, this can't be handled in one if for each supervisor there is a different substitute?

Best,

Nicole

Userlevel 5

Hi @Nicole Möhres,

In the 2 points you’re right. We need to manually add the substitute rule every time the supervisor is on leave, and also change it back when the supervisor is back from leave. Otherwise it will be permanently forwarded to the substitute. 

Also for each supervisor we will have to create an extra substitution rule.

I hope this answers your question.

Hope you have a lovely day!

Best,

Sofia

Hi - this post was helpful. Two question:

1. Can we give the rights to add themselves their substitute rule to some employees, e.i. all team leads?
  2. Other way, is there an option to generate automathic requests to add substitute rules when an absence is requested to the person in HR who have the rights to do these chnages?

Thank you,

Natalia

Userlevel 5

Hi @Nataliacasta,

Answer to question 1: Unfortunately only Admins can make changes in the Approval Processes

Answer to question 2: Unfortunately we don’t have this option, a possibility is to setup a reminder for the HR team for example for when a Supervisor goes on leave, so they can setup the Approvals workflow for the substitute. 

Settings > Employee Roles > Relevant Employee Role > Reminders > Add role reminder:

Here you will find more information regarding: Set up approval workflows

I’ve looked for similar ideas in our ideation area, but couldn’t find one yet.

In
case another user has shared this suggestion for improvement you can always vote for it.

You can always post a new idea here:

How to: Submit an idea or suggest a new feature

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback with us!

I wish you an amazing day.

Best,

Sofia

Your reply