Answered

Diferent vacation policy for employees who go on shift

• 10 October 2023
  • 1 reply

We have a team that works seven days a week with a two-day break, while the rest of our employees work regular hours from Monday to Friday.

The issue is that we currently have a single vacation policy in place, which grants 22 days of annual leave for all employees. However, when the shift crew attempts to schedule their holidays during the weekend, Personio misunderstands the calculation, resulting in inaccuracies.

Is anyone else managing different vacation policies, specifically one for those who work shifts from Monday to Sunday

Tenemos un equipo que trabaja los siete días de la semana con un descanso de dos días, mientras que el resto de nuestros empleados trabajan horas regulares de lunes a viernes.

El problema es que actualmente tenemos una única política de vacaciones en vigor, que otorga 22 días de vacaciones anuales para todos los empleados. Sin embargo, cuando el equipo de turnos intenta programar sus vacaciones durante el fin de semana, Personio no comprende correctamente el cálculo, lo que resulta en inexactitudes.

¿Alguien más está gestionando políticas de vacaciones diferentes, específicamente una para aquellos que trabajan en turnos de lunes a domingo?

icon

Best answer by International Support Team 11 October 2023, 14:24

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 5

Hey @Jacobo Clariana 

Welcome to the Personio Community, we are thrilled to see you here 🎊 🥳. I am happy to support you with your inquiry.

This instance will require two absence types as one group of employees will have the validity of the absence from Monday to Friday and the other from Monday to Sunday. For this I would suggest creating a new absence type for the Monday to Sunday employees and within the validity settings is where you need to choose the Mon-Sun option.

This now means that even when the employees are taking vacation over Saturday and Sunday that their absence entitlement is being deducted. What you need to consider is if the employee is due to take a week off they will need to only put in for the normal amount of days they are due to work (usually 5). If for example, the employee puts in total absence period of 7 days, the absence type will deduct 7 days even though technically 5 are working days. 

For more information on this topic, I am providing you with our helpcenter article on Define the range of absence types (Valid on)

If you have any other questions, please let me know.

Best regards, 

Conor

Your reply