Answered

Disable Check for Overlapping Absences

• 10 March 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

We create absences via API and expect certain Absence Types to overlap.

To avoid the approval workflows we set the “skip_approval=true” flag when inserting a TimeOffPeriod.

However, we still receive lots of “Overlapping Absence” notifications.

How to disable the “Overlapping Absence” notifications globally?

icon

Best answer by mruscito 21 March 2023, 16:27

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi @Zejo !

I believe that is it not possible to disable the overlapping absences notification. However, I am double-checking this with the relevant team. I will let you know here as soon as I have this clarified. 😊

Do let me know if you have any further questions!

Megan

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi @Zejo !

I can confirm that the overlapping absences feature cannot be disabled. It’s an integral part of the Absences feature in Personio.

However, there are 2 types of overlapping periods messages that you can receive when booking an absence period. ⬇

1. If the employee is trying to book 2 overlapping absence periods of the same absence type, then they will receive an error message. The system will not allow you to submit the second absence period/request.
  1. If the employee is booking 2 overlapping absence periods under different absence types, the system will accept both periods/requests. Then, Admin users and any relevant approver will receive a task in their Dashboard to review the overlap. However, this is not an error message; it’s more of a “double-check” measure.

I hope this answers your question! Do let me know if you have any other concerns. 
Megan

Userlevel 1
Badge

Yes, we would ideally like to disable or auto acknowledge (sorted by priority descending):

1. “admin user tasks” for overlapping absence periods
  2. (optional) allow overlapping absences of the same type

My initial question aims at making it possible to avoid the admin task creation (via some global setting or a flag during TimeOffPeriod creation).

We would like to request “Setting to disable the overlapping absence period acknowledgement” as a new feature.

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi @Zejo !

I think these could be really useful features to have! 

There are a few of these ideas already posted in our Ideation section, have you seen this one by @CandelaCiordia ? You can upvote it & comment on it if you’d like! Our Product Team regularly reviews this area of the Community to see how our users want us to improve our services 🚀

Do let me know if you have any other questions or concerns!

Megan

Your reply