Answered

Doctors sick note / certificate - different process for public and private insurance

• 2 March 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Dear all,

In Germany the sick notes are not handed to the patient since 01.01.23 anymore (if you are under a Statutory or public health insurance)

But for privately insured people the certificates are still handed to the patient.

Can I discriminate between public and prtivately insured employees in Personio and make it mandatory for the privately insured people to upload a docotrs certificate after the 3rd day of sickness but for public insured employees it will not be mandatory.

Any idea how this can be addressed? 

This will be a problem I am sure for all employers.

icon

Best answer by Annlisa 3 March 2023, 18:13

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hello @bruchm 😊,

I am currently thinking about 2 workarounds, let me know if they might work for you.

If you already know the employees under the private and public health insurance, you can create a new Sick leave Absence type (all the relevant instruction here: Configuring absence types​) with the Certificate required? No. 

Give the view and propose Access rights to this Absence type to your employees under the Public health insurance and leave the current one with the Certificate required visible for your employees Privately Insured. 

Alternatively, as soon as any of your employees request more than 3 days of sick leave, they will be asked for the sick note, but it will not be mandatory. As soon as the Approver reviews their sick leave, they’re able to update the Document status to “Not required”:

In this case, if your employees under the public insurance do not need to upload their certificate, the approver (which can be the HR manager or supervisor based on your settings) can simply click on Not required.

I hope this will help with your query. 

Wishing you a lovely weekend!

Best,

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi,

if I go by your first suggestion:

If you already know the employees under the private and public health insurance, you can create a new Sick leave Absence type (all the relevant instruction here: Configuring absence types​) with the Certificate required? No. 

Give the view and propose Access rights to this Absence type to your employees under the Public health insurance and leave the current one with the Certificate required visible for your employees Privately Insured. 

That would mean that I need to configure an extra role for privat insurred staff, right?

Or how shall I provide view and propose access rights to those people only?

Regards

Marc

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hello @bruchm 😊,

Apologies for the delay in my reply. In this case I would suggest you as it might be easier to create another Role for the private insured employees and grant them the View and Propose access rights to this new Absence type.

Hope this will help.

Thank you.

Best,

Anna Lisa

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

that is what we also considered.

Thanks

Marc

Your reply