Answered

Flexible part-time working days - vacation calculation

• 15 February 2023
  • 5 replies

Hi there,
After reading through multiple Q&A here (great and helpful forum!) it’s still not 100% clear.

We have a few part time employees (max. 20h/week) that need to work flexibly: ranging from 2 days a week 10h to 5 days 4h, on alternating days.

According to my understanding the pro rata vacation entitlement needs to be calculated on an hourly basis.

Do I understand the other answers to this topic correctly, that this can only be calculated manually? Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Andrea 3 March 2023, 13:57

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Hey @martinandreas 

Welcome to the Personio Community, we are thrilled to see you here 🎊 🥳. I am happy to support you with your inquiry.

As mentioned in our helpcenter article on Flexible Working Hours, you have two options for vacation accruals:

• Create a 0-day accrual policy
  • Create separate accrual policies

In the guide above, it goes through each step in more detail. Unfortunately due to the flexible days, the system is unable to calculate the prorated calculation automatically.

I would like to encourage you to post this suggestion of improvement in our ideation area. This way, other users will be able to vote for it, and the suggestion will be shared with our product team.In order for us to fully understand your idea, I share with you a couple of questions that your description should clarify when posting in the ideation area:

• What would you like to achieve with Personio? What issue do you need to solve?
  • Why? What would be the added value for you?
  • How are you solving it right now?

The more details, the better! However, remember not to share any personal or business data with the public. Make sure to add the link to the idea in this thread, so that other users that find your question can upvote it.

Thank you in advance for sharing your ideas with us.

Best,

Conor

Thanks for your reply! 

It’s indeed a basic feature a HR tool should be capable of.

Happy to add it to the ideation area, however: “You are not authorized to access this page”...

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Good morning @martinandreas,

I am happy to take over for Conor, since he is on vacation :). I see in your profile that you stated you are not a Personio customer yet. Is this still the case? The ideation area is only available for customers, this is why you don’t have access to it. 

If you are now a Personio customer, let me know, and I will be happy to make the ideation area available for you.

Looking forward to your response!

Best,

Andrea

Ah, ok. No, no customer yet (we need these basic feature, see above 😁).

As a workaround to the missing vacation calculation for flexible part time schedules: would it work to set a 3-day schedule in Personio for the vacation calculation, but still record hours on different 3 days?

Put differently: can I set a 3-day schedule in Personio and record working hours on different days (as long as it’s 3 days)?

Thanks!

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @martinandreas,

Yes, that is definitely also an option! Many users solve this topic this way, actually. Employees have a 3-day working schedule so that Personio calculates vacation prorated. They nevertheless can always track time in other days. The hours outside the work schedule will appear in the overtime balance, but this is not am issue if employees are paid by the hour, since Personio pays out both overtime and “normal” working hours automatically. 

Let me know if you would like me to clarify anything else!

Best,

Andrea

P.S.: Hopefully I can activate the ideation area in your profile soon 😉.

Your reply