Answered

Holiday accrual explanation

• 1 June 2023
  • 9 replies

Badge +1
  • Explorer
  • 10 replies

Hi

All employees have 30 days annual leave at my organisation. One employee joined 11 April 2023. Our policy runs from 01 Jan (I have gone into check all settings are correct/adjusted balance etc). 

She is claiming she should have 22 days holiday, Personio is claiming she only has 20. Can you help me explain why this is the case? 

Thanks. 

icon

Best answer by International Support Team 1 June 2023, 14:59

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 5

Hi @LKA 

This would depend on your current proration settings for this Accrual policy, this can be checked from Settings > Absence and then clicking on the relevant Accrual policy such as this example from my test account below:

If you would like us to be able to check the specific set up on your account and assist further with this, our support team is the correct point of contact. For this specific question, my colleagues from the support team will be able to log in into your account, check the settings together with you, and also verify if the topic might involve a system error.

You can contact my colleagues from the support team via Find Answers. Be aware that only Contract and Account owners can contact our support team. In case you are not registered as such, please contact your colleagues in the role, or add this information in your account. You can find out how here.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can support you with and I hope you have a lovely day 🙌🏽

All the best, 

Erica

Badge +1

Thanks. We have ours set to the monthly proration both at employment start and at employment end. Can you explain further what this means and how it is calculated? Would it be more accurate if we calculated it as a daily proration?

The employee is insisting that the system has miscalculated the holiday so I would be grateful if you could please provide as much information as possible.

Userlevel 5

Hi @LKA 

No problem at all!

When setting up an Accrual policy there are two options for proration at the beginning of employment:

1. Daily Prorated - The number of absence days is calculated according to the number of days worked in a given month
  2. Monthly Prorated - The number of absence days is calculated according to the number of complete months worked

If daily is selected then the employee will get a prorated amount of the entitlement for their first month e.g if they joined halfway through the month they get half the entitlement 

If monthly is selected and the employee joins any date after the 1st of a month then they will not receive any entitlement for that month. 

For the end of employment we then have two options:

1. No proration - The employee will receive the full entitlement for their last cycle, despite their termination mid-cycle
  2. Monthly proration - If employees leave mid-cycle, we will recalculate their entitlement based on the remaining months of that final cycle. e.g if they leave end of April then they will only receive 4 months of entitlement based on the 4 full months worked.

If you require us to check this Employee profile and provide further support, I highly encourage you to contact my colleagues from the support team via Find Answers. Be aware that only Contract and Account owners can contact our support team. In case you are not registered as such, please contact your colleagues in the role, or add this information in your account. You can find out how here.

I hope you have a nice weekend!

All the best, 

Erica

Badge +1

Thanks. I would like to edit our current holiday accrual to change it from monthly to daily. See below:

• Can you clarify what this means and how best to go about amending it? 

Many thanks,

Lucy 

Userlevel 5

Hi @LKA 

I am afraid with Accrual policies assigned to employees it is not possible to edit them. You will either need to create a new one with the required set-up and assign it to users or unassign the current Accrual policy from all relevant users, edit it, and then reassign it to all the relevant employees. Please see this article below for some more information:

👉🏼 Change Employees' Accrual Policies

I hope you have a great weekend!

All the best, 

Erica 

Badge +1

Hi

Are you able to put me in touch with the support team on this? 

We believe our holiday accrual is incorrect for many of our employees. While you can set ‘daily’ for proration at start of employment, you can only select ‘monthly’ at the end. This means our holiday allowance - particularly for leavers is pulling through incorrectly. 

Can you please put me in touch with someone asap or provide further explanation as to how we can ensure this is an accurate daily accrual?

Thanks. 

Userlevel 5

Hi @LKA

My apologies for the delay in response! 

You can contact my colleagues from the support team via Find Answers. Be aware that only Contract and Account owners can contact our support team. In case you are not registered as such, please contact your colleagues in the role, or add this information in your account. You can find out how here.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can support you with.

I hope you have a lovely day! 

All the best, 

Erica

Badge +1

Hi

‘Monthly’ is the only option for the end of employment, whereas you can have monthly or daily at the start of employment. This is meaning that our holiday accrual policies (to our understanding) are inaccurate. Can you therefore expand? 

Further, I am an account owner but  please can you be more specific as to how I seek help on this as it is urgent and we are having to calculate holiday via excel.

Thanks. 

Userlevel 5

Hi @LKA

Yes, at the moment for Absence types of the type days there is the below proration options for end of employment:

Absence type in Days

Our option for Absence types of the type hours has the below options:

Absence type in Hours

Please see the steps below for how to use Find Answers: 

This can be accessed from Help > Support and Updates > Find Answers as seen below:

3KSEyD2pZu7V_rAiZ0Bc1PO79CBBV66-6iy1kfRhj9Uyk6IumjmTQjdpQXPyNkAeqyKTceQ1noetdxB1C1FAZqczr87UU-Ok8_6DQOYudB7TXMlwk7VYeSQOJ0IpWxw1zdVSBxh2JbyNW8-2QA2cSb4

Click on the first option for this query:

H6ourhWjs5U7Dx9RthSgplX492P77XClkSk5ucQto6xupAht9p6x4KSfksow9uV0BjwT0wMEg-nurz1s0WaL2_0xnGSLBH6awTxbOVW67wLkcYnfUdXEoIs_hHHchQzVqems4JacNcCGwp0TiTT1e-w

Select the relevant area below and select through the related options:

6W8xRtGcsJiGmSxkrEbrrCcEiK1qVpNS77-qiQmFrdmps7Pc6pvsPTP6KMdLGy6bv1fTk08QzJdZ100FZ70DW6MSVF2uom7AStlBGd1tG-18nYzUovW7BwBbIQbMsXdaMSaXk9dPzLabujy7SS0PCLk

Then you can select to get support from the team as seen in this example below:

kyquKklQbXDicol8l8PzON4YMLUoc4Ib2AKbMB7jc-tViGoVzXXouoM0kuWVf7e4DSAVhuZw11eGC4qEanrsSY5Mv9YnKU9tt23EmPvluvFkx_hu8EZrjM5pqHzEpWtPUnmIij66epkXWlWn3riddBM

Then you can select how you would like us to reach out to you for your query as seen below:

vOGFGwc_sJfo7jOZYGOFO9KL-TdOjlbyKiFoBpLrcHQMzGM8d6OVM7MGMtwVkiqIflDJ4bqsTckVJ__c7EeKmcvSIpGGkMqcsP6XC0PTcBOm-yN0vRnZR7uiFm6AcEKFTersLUG0ptEPtNFcViHedPs 

Please see this article below for some more information:

👉The Find Answers Section

All the best, 

Erica

Your reply