Answered

How to track absence cancellation ?

• 2 August 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Hello,

I want to know how to track holiday cancellation. I explain why it is important to us taking into account an example.

• Context:
    • On July 1st, an employee wants to take 3 days (holidays) at the end of the month (28th, 29th and 30th)
    • July Payroll is approved on July 19th, considering the employee took 3 days in July
    • On July 21st, the employee decided to cancel one’s holidays (this case often happens)
  • Problem:
    • We don’t see neither in the employee absence history nor in payroll extract (approved = no modification possible) that the holidays have been cancelled
  • Impact:
    • The payroll manager does not have the information and cannot do pay adjustments a posteriori
    • The employee has 3 days taken in July in payroll while he did not take them
  • Proposed solutions:
    • Best case: have in the next month payroll extract the adjustments to do:
      • Example here: credit in August the 3 days not taken in July 
    • Other solution: have a report with all changes (clearly identified) happened between approval date and end of month (including holidays cancellation)

Maybe there is already a way to track holiday cancellation, that’s why I post this in “Question”, otherwise it would be more an idea.

Thanks,
Thibaut

icon

Best answer by Lauraglendon 17 August 2021, 17:06

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Hi @Thibaut from Swile,

Thanks very much for reaching out!

Would you mind sending me a direct message with the employee name, so that I can check this in their absence history? It should show up there, unless the history was deleted.

As an alternative, I would suggest creating a Custom Report, to look at the balance(s) of an employee(s) from one date compared to another.

To do so, please navigate to the Reports tab > Custom Reports and select ‘Timeframe’ as the report type. Here, you can choose the time frame that you want to use as a comparison. Please ensure to include the below columns in the report: ‘[Holiday Name] - Balance at beginning of time frame’ and ‘[Holiday Name] - Balance at end of time frame’.

Note that this will only provide you with a balance amount figure and additional info, for example historical dates, will not be shown. Adding the related help article on creating custom reports here!

I really love your suggestion and for that reason I would recommend adding it to the ideation section within our Personio Community, if you believe this is something that you and your payroll colleagues could benefit from in the future!

I hope this helps, but please feel free to reach out should you have any further questions.

Best regards,

Laura

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Hi @Thibaut from Swile,

Thanks again for reaching out via direct mail!

By using the custom report workaround, as above, and from there, comparing the days with that in your previous month’s Payroll tab, under the Absences section, is a great way to see the variance in days from what was taken, vs. what was cancelled. Great team work :) 

If there is a quicker workaround or feature that can do this for you in the near future, we’ll be sure to keep you updated via the Community.

Thanks and best regards,

Laura

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Hi all, it would be great if the canceled holiday was simply shown in the balance history.

Best,

Frederike

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Dear @FrederikeE,

Thank you very much for your comment!

We appreciate your feedback and would want to understand it better. I would like to encourage you to post this suggestion of improvement in our ideation area. This way, other users will be able to vote for it, and the suggestion will be shared with our product team. 

In order for us to fully understand your idea, I share with you a couple of questions that your description should clarify when posting in the ideation area: 

• What would you like to achieve with Personio?  What issue do you need to solve?

• Why? What would be the added value for you? 

• How are you solving it right now? 

The more details, the better! However, remember not to share any personal or business data with the public. If we ever need more data from you, we will contact you by mail or by direct message in the community platform. 

Thank you in advance for sharing your ideas with us 🙌🏽. Please don’t hesitate to ask me any question you might have about this topic. 

Best,

Andrea

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Thanks, Andrea. I posted here:

Your reply