Skip to main content

I am struggling to import data from Clockify.

While they do have a start and end time, it can span over multiple days. They also have a duration but this can lead to weird results as the source data then sometimes causes a rollover to the next day.

So ideally I would like to import one or multiple entries just with a date and a duration. I do not care about specific start/end times for this historical data.

Hi @lsmith,

Personio calculates adds up hours on a daily basis, so it is not possible to rollover midnight in one period, I think that may cause the issue?

Only uploading a date and amount of hours is not possible. Depending on the file Clockify exports, my recommendation would be to split days that rollover to the next one into two time periods.

I am looking forward how other User handle this using Clockify for time tracking.

Best wishes
Marc

Puh, if I need to split up time periods it is going to be a very painful process. Either a lot of manual work, or I need to write a script :-/

Hi @lsmith,

I see that this may cause some work depending on how the export files looks like. 

Maybe there is a possibility to adapt the exports in Clockify accordingly? 

Best wishes
Marc

Yeah will check with them ..

Another option would be to just not bother with the historical data. However while for absences (ie. vacations) there is a way to set the left over days from a specific date on .. I have not found a way to do the same for over-/under-time.

Hi @lsmith,

it is correct, for over-/under-time it currently not possible to import a balance, it needs to be entered via one adjustment, or is automatically calculated due to entered/imported attendances that are on top of the work schedule. :) 

Please let us know in case you need further support. 

Best Regards,
Lena

Your reply