Answered

Leave Type request for Saturday

• 18 November 2022
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi, 

We implemented “on-call” in our organization and want to track the amount of days by selecting the created leave type “on-call”. I think entries will only be counted during their work pattern, in this case Mo - Fr. I can not change the work pattern to include Saturday, as this is not a normal work day. Can you please indicate how to deal with such situation in order to track this accordingly in the system? 

Thank you. 

Carina

icon

Best answer by Andrea 22 November 2022, 13:53

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Dear @Carina,

If I understand you correctly, the absence type “On-Call” would have a limited entitlement, and you would like the entitlement to be reduced also by absences requested on Saturdays, is this correct? 

Thanks in advance for your answer!

Best,

Andrea

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Dear Andrea, 
for the absence type “on-Call” is no entitlement defined, but employees who are doing an “on-call” should add this for each day to their absence calendar and request it. On-Call can also happen on Saturdays. As you can see in the screenshot, the request for Saturday is not counted. How can this changed without changing the whole work pattern? 

Thank you for your support

Carina

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Dear @Carina,

Thank you for the clarification.

In order for an absence type to be taken into consideration on weekends even though the employees’ work schedule does not include these days, you must choose the following option in the Validity settings of the Absence type:

Settings > Work Hours and Absences > Absence > [Absence Type] > Validity Settings

Be aware that this setting also means that absence days requested on a Sunday will also be considered. 

I hope I could help you solve your inquiry with this information! Let me know if you have any further question.

Best,

Andrea

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @Andrea, I am only able to select Mon-Sat, not Mon-Sun. See screenshot. Did something change in Personio?

Userlevel 1
Badge

@Andrea An addition, I am not able to choose Mon-Sun, if I choose as time unit “hours”. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

It shows as 0 if I enter something in Sunday

Userlevel 5

Hey @CarolineBM 

I will take over from Andrea on this post 😀

So after testing this out this morning, it seems our hourly absences are not yet up to parity with daily absences in regards to validity settings. What this means is there is no availability of the Mon-Sun option that is seen for daily absences, when choosing to use hourly absences. For this reason, Sundays will not be counted as an absence day when hourly absences are used. From your post, I can see that it is only Saturdays that on-call can happen so hopefully this limitation does not affect you too much.

The only workaround I could suggest would be to manually adjust the absence balance each time an employee is on call on a Sunday or alternatively use the daily absences instead. I understand there is a bit of manual work to this, but it ensures the absence calculation is correct. 

I could not find another idea like this in our Ideation Area, so could I kindly ask that you submit this feedback within here so it gives visibility of the problem to our Product Team. If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Best regards, 

Conor

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi, Thanks for the answer.

FYI - People are on call as well on Sunday so it affects me.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Regarding your suggestion:

The only workaround I could suggest would be to manually adjust the absence balance each time an employee is on call on a Sunday or alternatively use the daily absences instead. I understand there is a bit of manual work to this, but it ensures the absence calculation is correct. 

Manual adjustment are an option if there is no other option but isn’t that extremely manual? Maybe I misunderstood you. Does that mean that someone with the access rights (i.e. HR person) has to find out if someone has entered attendance on Sunday - How is there an easy way to find out? I know a way but I mean an easy way. And this HR person has to go to each balance and correct it? What if the employee adds an hour? We would have to constantly check if we adjusted correctly, right? Wouldn’t the employee be all the time confused if s/he sees 0 hours on Sunday? And would add again and again the on-call time?

Your reply