Answered

Limiting carryover to a number of days

• 7 October 2021
  • 2 replies

Hi everyone,

I was actually quite sure that last year it was possible to not only limit the carryover vacation days to a date when they expired, but it was also possible to limit the amount of days to carry over. I can’t find this functionality anymore. I also read through some threads where people referred to limiting the number of days :thinking:
Am I mistaken?

If there is no option to do so, this would mean to adjust all allowances beginning of the new year. Correct?

Thanks for your help!

icon

Best answer by Lauraglendon 8 October 2021, 17:17

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Hi Mariana,

Thank you for sharing this question with us!

We have the feature that will let you choose a carryover limit date, but not a carryover limit for a given amount of days.

If you would like to adjust the balances of your employees balances at the beginning of the year, check out this post which goes through the quick steps on setting this up:

Carryover paid vacations from last year manually adjusted

I hope this is helpful to you! I would also suggest creating a post in the Ideation Area about the Day limit setting. All the Ideas get forwarded to our Product Team, who will have a look at all the feedback and evaluate it.

When posting an idea, I recommend answering the following guiding questions:

• What would you like to achieve with Personio?
  • Why? What would be the added value for you? 
  • How are you solving it right now?

I Look forward to your idea!

Let me know if there is anything else we can help with!

Have a great day.

Kind regards from Dublin,

Laura :sunflower:

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

I’m glad I found this post quite quickly and appreciate the information provided therein. Thank you.

It is both surprising and disappointing that there is no way to automatically limit the carryover in days. To my knowledge, this is standard HR practice, at least in Ireland and at every company I have worked for. Manual processes do not scale and undermine the reason we purchased Personio in the first place. While this may not be a helpful comment, I feel the need to call out this lack of basic functionality as we bought Personio to avoid manual work and there have been other examples of such basic functionality missing such as Personio not synching absence types measured in hours with Google Calendar which means that staff must enter their FLEXI time in two calendars (Personio and Google) rather than one.

Your reply