Answered

Managers getting notified of automatic absence approvals

• 24 July 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge +2

Hi!

With our old system, there was a way for employees to automatically approve their own absences (didn’t need to go through any approval process), but their manager would be notified of any changes (cancellations / absences taken) so that they were kept up to date.

I can’t see how to do this in Personio, so was wondering if someone could help me?

This is a really important feature for us as we’re currently working around it using manager approvals, but people are finding this change difficult and we want to show our employees that they have autonomy on how and when they take their holidays.

Thanks

Avani

icon

Best answer by International Support Team 25 July 2023, 10:22

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 5

Hi @avmar99,

Welcome to the Personio Community, we are thrilled to see you here :confetti_ball: :partying_face:.
I am happy to support you with your inquiry! 😃

I’m afraid that this is not possible in Personio, if there is not an Approval process in place, the managers won’t be notified about the Absences the employees enter in the system or if the cancel them. I do really think that having this functionality added to Personio would greatly improve our software usability! I would like to encourage you to post this suggestion of improvement in our ideation area. This way, other users will be able to vote for it, and the suggestion will be shared with our product team.

In order for us to fully understand your idea, I share with you a couple of questions that your description should clarify when posting in the ideation area:

• What would you like to achieve with Personio? What issue do you need to solve?

• Why? What would be the added value for you?

• How are you solving it right now?

The more details, the better! Make sure to add the link to the idea in this thread, so that other users that find your question can upvote it.

For now, if you don’t want to have an Approval process but at the same time Supervisors want to know when the employees take the Absences, they can create a Reminder for the Next Absence. You can create the reminder for specific roles, for yourself or create an specific role for it. For more information about this topic, you can visit our Helpcenter article: Create reminders. I’m totally aware that this is not what you need for your company but just an idea in case you decide to remove the Approval process in place. 

Thank you in advance for sharing your ideas with us 🙌🏽

I hope you have a lovely day ahead! 

Best,

Zulema

Badge +2

Thanks for explaining this! I have used the Reminders workaround once, but stopped as you can’t subsequently be reminded if the Absence has been cancelled by the individual - unless I’m mistaken? 

It’s a shame that this isn’t available yet, but I’ll post an idea about it and put the link here. Thank you!

Badge +2

Posted the idea here!

Userlevel 5

Hi @avmar99,

You are right, the Reminder for the Next absence is just for the upcoming absences but no anything related to a cancelation or modification of the absences. 

Thanks once again for sharing your ideas with us! 🙌🏼 We are always happy to receive this kind of input, as we naturally want to improve and develop our product!

I hope this can be implemented soon! Have a good rest of the day!

Best,

Zulema

Your reply