Answered

Need to replicate system report

• 28 July 2023
  • 3 replies

I would like to as our lovely community if you know how to re-create system report called 'Absence rate' in the custom report section. 

icon

Best answer by International Support Team 31 July 2023, 16:24

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5

Hey @Gaurav 

Welcome to the Personio Community, we are thrilled to see you here 🎊 🥳. I am happy to support you with your inquiry.

Using our Custom Reports to pull this information will be a little tricky. You could use a timeframe type of report and pull attendance attributes such as effective working hours (This is the contractual working hours minus any public holidays). This will allow you to get the target working hours for the time period, which you can then calculate based on their daily working hours into the days figure. 

You would then need to also add all absence periods for any absence that employee might have taken during that time period. You could do this by selecting Absences: Collections option for all absence types in the table columns. Alternatively you could do it on an absence by absence basis, therefore you could for example only select the Paid Vacation absence type. 

The calculation would then have to be worked out manually or through a calculation in Excel. You can find more information on this calculation in our guide on Calculation formulas for system reports

My best advice would be to use our System Report, as it will cut out a lot of the manual work for you. If you have any follow up questions, please let me know.

Best regards, 

Conor

Hey Thanks Conor - appreciate you replying on this. Understood your explanation too. 

Can Personio admin edit the system reports ? 

Also we cannot use system report as we are using API connection to pull the info from Personio and push into our database . API can only be used on custom reports and system reports ( this is what i know )

Looking to hear back from you

Gaurav

Userlevel 5

Hey @Gaurav 

Personio Administrators have the ability to edit System Reports as they have exclusive access rights on Personio. 

So I am assuming from your answer that you are pulling info from the Custom Report API in Personio to your database. Therefore unfortunately it will not have the automatic calculation that could be carried over in the same way as the Absence Rate System Report. You will need to come up with a manual calculation for the rate using the Custom Report outside of Personio, as it is not possible to do this within the report.

If I can help you with anything else, please let me know.

Best,

Conor

Your reply