Answered

Out-of-office for google calender integration

• 16 August 2021
  • 2 replies

Hi all, 

we just set up the Personio - Google Calender integration for absences.

Unfortunately the event that is created in Google Calendar is just a “normal” event, that is not marked as an out-of-office event. This also cannot be changed in Google Calendar as can be seen here. Out of office event in Google Calendar are really handy, and I don’t want my team to manually add another out of office event manually just to have this feature.

Am I missing something? If this is not implemented yet, I am sure that the Google Api would allow for it.

Thanks and best regards,

Mtthias

icon

Best answer by Daniele 18 August 2021, 17:16

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

Hi @frwck,
First of all, I wanted to give you a warm welcome to the Personio Community 🎉.

Thank you for reaching out about this.
You are totally right.  The absence event that is created in Google Calendar is just a “normal” event (marked as “busy”), and not an out-of-office notice.

@queenrieke, a fellow Personio user & community member, has already submitted an idea with this exact request:

I highly recommend you to click on the idea and upvote it, so it can gain a bit more visibility.
Feel free to also check out the other Ideas and vote for the ones you like the most.

If this is not implemented yet, I am sure that the Google Api would allow for it.

I am not entirely sure how it would work through Google API, but I could check if it is possible. Do you know how to set it up or do you need more assistance with that?

Looking forward to your reply!

All the best,
Daniele

Thanks Daniele!

Upvoted++

Your reply