Answered

overtime

• 10 August 2023
  • 4 replies

Hello - how can an employee easily see how much overtime they can still convert into comp time for a particular calendar year? 

On the Overtime & Deficit Hours Widget they can see:

• Tracked - All overtime recorded within the month without deductions.
  • Month balance - Overtime balance at the end of the month, once overtime has been both approved and compensated (vacation days, payouts, etc).
  • Total balance - Overtime balance since time tracking began, once overtime has been approved.

HOWEVER - our employees would like to see Total Balance for the calendar year (which for us aligns with the holiday year).

Is this possible? At the moment our employees find it difficult to know how many hours of overtime they can still convert.

thank you

icon

Best answer by International Support Team 11 August 2023, 12:16

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 5

Hey @PC Manager 

Unfortunately there is no way exactly to show the total balance for the calendar year. Instead the employee would need to tot this information manually based on the calendar months per year and work it out this way. I had a look into our Ideation Area to check for other customers who have previously submitted feedback, but I could not find anything similar to your request of the calendar year view. Therefore I would kindly ask that you submit this idea into this area.

An alternative approach would be for you to create a Custom Report using a timeframe type of report. You would then enter in the calendar year as the date range and choose the Overtime (approved) attribute from the table columns. 

This will now give you the total amount of approved Overtime hours each employee has left to convert. If you run into any difficulty when setting this up, please let me know.

Best regards, 

Conor

Thanks Conor for your quick response. 

It sounds like we have to come up with a workaround. I will look into the Custom report you suggest - but that will only give me a total for the Overtime for a specific timeframe. I don’t think it can show me how much of that overtime has already been converted to Comp time… (and how much overtime is therefore still left to convert). Anyway, will try to figure something out.

Connor - quick follow up on my message above.

I have just created the Custom Report you mention. The chosen time frame is 1/1/23 - 31/12/23 (so this calendar year)

I have included the following columns:

• First & Last Name
  • Overtime (approved)
  • Comp time - Balance at beginning of timeframe (hours)
  • Comp time - Balance at end of timeframe (hours)
  • Comp time - Balance today (hours)

However, the comp time that employees have taken this year is showing for just one employee. All 3 comp time columns are empty for another employee (who has already taken 56 hours of comp time). What do I need to do be able to see the comp time for all employees in this report?

Thanks

Userlevel 5

Hey @PC Manager 

This will be a little tricky as I would need to see the report and employees who are missing data. Therefore for this reason, I would kindly ask that you have your Account Owner submit a support request. This will allow us to have an in-depth look into the report and help you to a quick solution.

If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Best regards, 

Conor

Your reply