Answered

Pregnancy leave visible only to the admin

• 29 November 2023
  • 6 replies

Badge +1

Hi all,

I would need your help with several topics regarding absence and Leave status based on Pregnancy and maternity leave.

Issue no 1: As an admin I can see the Pregnancy leave in the employee’s calendar, but she can’t nor colleagues from the payroll and this is important to them due to monthly invoicing. 

Issue no 2: Colleagues who are on maternity and pregnancy leave (with the status Leave) are not shown in the Absence report (custom report category) although those atributes were previously selected. 

Any ideas, suggestions?

icon

Best answer by International Support Team 8 December 2023, 13:24

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 5

Hey @help_needed 

For issue one, it seems that these employees do not have access rights to the absence type used for the scheduled leave period. To fix this, please create an employee role add your colleague and the Payroll team as members. After you have done this, please navigate to Calendars within the employee role and ensure that you give access to the absence type you use for your leave. Once this has been done, the employees should now be able to view this absence type in the Absence Calendar. For more information, here is our guide on Configure and Manage Access to the Company Calendar.

For issue two, I tested it out on my demo account and previous or planned absences should be shown for the employee, even if they are on Leave. Can you give me more details about the way you have set this Custom report up? Maybe a screenshot of the setup would help, please do not screenshot the actual report as this will contain sensitive information. 

Best regards, 

Conor 

Badge +1

Hi Conor,

Thanks for the hints for the first issue, I’ve managed to resolve it successfully.

Regarding the other issue with reporting, I’m sending you screenshots with the report set up conditions and the result. 

Userlevel 5

Hey @help_needed 

If you use both parameters (Status equal Active & Status equal Leave), this will not work. If you try to just put in Status equals Active, will the employees on Leave still show? In my test, this worked and the employee still came up in the reporting.

Please let me know and I will be happy to investigate further.

Best,

Conor

Badge +1

Hi Conor,

Thanks for getting back to me.

I’ve just tested it and it didn’t work. 

Do you have any other suggestions?

Userlevel 5

Hey @help_needed 

After investigations it is not possible to have two of the same attribute for custom filters such as the Department example below. This is highlighted in our helpcenter article on Use employee filters to grant your employees custom access rights

I had another user whereby the custom filter of does not equal worked and employees showed. So could you please try the opposite and put in for example Status does not equal Inactive, Onboarding etc. This should allow for the employee on Leave to show, however if not then we would need to take a closer look. 

Please let me know if further issues arise.

Best regards, 

Conor

Badge +1

Hi Conor,

Thank you so much for proposing this workaround solution, it worked! :)

Have a great day,

Milica 

Your reply