Answered

Set location per day

• 14 June 2023
  • 1 reply

• Getting Started
  • 0 replies

Hi all,

At my company we have multiple locations from which our employees can work. Since we wanna calculate out carbon emission, we need to know who works where on what day. Now we can only track this by using 'projects’ in attendance, but we would rather keep this for projecttracking. So now my questions is, if there is any possibility to add an option for location to the attendance tracking per day?

Thanks in advance!

icon

Best answer by International Support Team 14 June 2023, 17:40

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 5

Hey @Pien 

Welcome to the Personio Community, we are thrilled to see you here 🎊 🥳. I am happy to support you with your inquiry.

As you mentioned one option would be to use the projects, but you said you want to keep that for your tracking. Another possible idea would be to create absence types for the various offices and ask for the employees to enter this into their Absence tab. For these absence types, you would disable consider time tracked during absences of this type as overtime. This will ensure that the system knows it is not a true absence and stop the deduction of hours from the monthly goal.

To ensure that the employees can enter this without the need for approval, a little workaround is needed. Simply create an employee role and do not add any employees as members to this role. You would then navigate to Settings > Approvals and for these absences set the approver as the employee role you just created. This now ensures employees can have these absences auto-approved. 

You can then create a Custom Report for all the periods taken for these absences and calculate the carbon emission this way. Understandably the Attendance projects would be the most ideal but if you want to separate them, this is the alternative. 

If you need any further help, let me know ☘️

Best regards, 

Conor

Your reply