Answered

Sick Leave Accrual in Colorado - 1 hour for every 30 worked and 48 hour yearly cap

• 18 February 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge

Hello,

In the state we are in (Colorado, USA) we legally have to offer sick leave. The law is that all employees accrue 1 hour of sick leave for every 30 hours worked, and then the total sick leave you can receive throughout the calendar year is capped at 48 hours (6 days). 

Is it possible to accommodate for this in Personio? 

Thank you for your help,

Andy Bingle

icon

Best answer by Annlisa 20 February 2023, 11:25

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hello @WorkingAWB 😊, 

What you can do in this case is to create an Hourly absence type and create a related Accrual policy, in order to define the hourly yearly Entitlement for your Employees

You will need to navigate to Settings>Absence> name your Absence type such as “Hourly sick leave” select the Category, the Unit of time which will be “Hours”, the Validity settings and so on, as shown in my screenshot below:

As soon as you create your Absence type, you can set up the related Accrual policy, in order to define the 48h yearly entitlement. Within this section, you can also choose to grant those hours “all at once” or in Monthly instalments at the start or at the end of each month. In my example I used 48h yearly Entitlement and system will assign automatically 4 hours at the end of the month to my employees:

You can find more information in the Helpcenter article below:

Manage absences tracked in hours

Unfortunately, you will not be able to set up the desired condition of 1 hour of sick leave granted for every 30 hours worked, as the system will calculate automatically the hours to assign. 

For this reason, I would like to encourage you to post this suggestion of improvement in our ideation area. This way, other users will be able to vote for it, and the suggestion will be shared with our product team.
In order for us to fully understand your idea, I share with you a couple of questions that your description should clarify when posting in the ideation area:

• What would you like to achieve with Personio? What issue do you need to solve?
  • Why? What would be the added value for you?
  • How are you solving it right now?

The more details, the better! However, remember not to share any personal or business data with the public.
Make sure to add the link to the idea in this thread, so that other users that find your question can upvote it.
Thank you in advance for sharing your ideas with us.🙌🏽

Best,

Anna Lisa

Your reply