Skip to main content

Hi,

employees who are getting married will receive 3 days off (paid leave) by our employer.

Now i have added for  “ special leave” to the absence types and added 3 day to the balance for this particular person.

I would like to know if this is the “correct’ way, can you advice or share your ideas?

Hi @Ginette,

this depends on how you want to handle the absence type.

Would you prefer to select the days yourself, so from the HR perspective, or do you want to have the days requested by the specific employee?

Best,
Marc

Good question! Thanks Marc! I think in cases like this It would be better to select from HR perspective indeed… so how would that work?

Hi @Ginette,

in this case, you can follow these steps:

1. Create an absence type called e.g. Marriage leave / Special leave
  2. As category, I recommend selecting Other paid leave
  3. For the validity settings, I recommend selecting the same Valid on as for your vacation absence type. In addition, set the option Consider time tracked during absences of this type as overtime?  to Yes, so the absence will be considered as a real, paid absence.
  4. In the employee roles, enable viewing rights for the employees, so they can see the absence type. In addition, give editing right to the HR professional that should be able to administrate this absence type.
  5. Now you can easily navigate to the employee's profile and enter this absence for the specific days.

I hope that helps! Please let me know if there are any open questions left.

Have a great day
Marc

Hi @Ginette,

was my answer helpful, or are there any open questions?

Best wishes
Marc

super thank you!

Your reply