Answered

Subscribe absence-calendar / Custom Public Holidays

• 3 January 2024
  • 4 replies

Hi all,

We’re processing all our absences through Personio (sick days, vacations, public holidays, etc.). So we’ve tried working with subscribing everyone to the absence calendars, so everyone can see all absences in their Google Calendar.

Besides the normal requested absences and public holidays, our entire company is 3 days off every year, on days decides at the beginning of the year by management. We’d like to include those 3 days into the subsription-calendar. So I made a custom Public Holiday Calendar with the regular public holidays and added those 3 days. Now our employees won’t request those days off anymore, because they can see that the office is closed and everyone’s free.

However, we’re only able to add the Public Holidays that are made by Personio itself and absences that can be requested to the subsription-calendar. But we want to add the custom Public Holidays to the subscription, but Personio doesn’t give that option.

Has anyone had this problem and found a solution?

Hope someone can help, thanks! 

icon

Best answer by International Support Team 11 January 2024, 18:22

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 5

Hi @Sarah,

That’s a good question! To have the option to add Custom holidays, you will have to create a copy of the existing one and the you will have the option to add new holiday. For that, you have to go to Settings >Work Hours and Absences > Public Holidays. Select a calendar from the list of system calendars which come by default in Personio. Click on the Duplicate calendar button on the top right, scroll down to the copy of the calendar you have just created, and click on the Edit button to give it a different name. Now, the option to Add new holiday will be visible. For more information about this topic, you can visit our Help Center article: Create a custom public holiday calendar.

Now, I would add the Holiday category as Once on a fixed day as this will change next year and we don’t want to neither add the days retroactively, and select the Holiday type as Custom.

For more information about this topic, in the same Help Center article, in the section: Add holidays to a custom public holiday calendar.

I don’t want to miss the chance to share with you How Do I Store Company Holidays? in case it helps you to make the decision on how to implement what you are looking for.

I hope this helps Sarah! In case you have further questions, please let me know! 😃

Wishing you a lovely Monday! 🙌🏼

Best,

Zulema

Hi Zulema,

Thanks for the reply!

I got this far, but unfortunately, the custom made calendar doesn’t show up as an option when subscribing to a calendar (Calendars > … > Subscribe). I can only add ‘Public holidays / Amsterdam’. But I want to add the custom calendar/edited copy. 

Is this a possibility? 

Hope you can help again! 

Best,

Sarah

Userlevel 5

Hi @Sarah,

Thanks for the extra information and sorry for the confusion! I misunderstood your question! 

When we go to Calendars > Subscribe, we can only see the Public holidays calendar that it is assign to ourself. I’m assuming that you are part of the Amsterdam office so that’s the calendar you will be able to subscribe. If you would like to subscribe to another Public holidays calendar, you will need to log in as one of the employees in that location and copy the link from there. 

For more information about this topic, you can visit our Help Center article: Add Personio Calendar via an iCal link.

I hope this solves your issue! Please let me know if you have more questions about it! 😃

Wishing you a great evening! 

Best,

Zulema

Hi Zulema,

That’s exactly what I was looking for! I just adjusted the public holiday calendar for the Amsterdam Office to our custom-made calendar, and that was the solution.

Thanks for the help! 

Best,

Sarah

Your reply