Answered

Time tracking - assign default project & shortcut to time tracking

• 11 April 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

I have two questions when it comes to time tracking.

Is there a possibility to assign all employees a default project to make it quicker to track the time or is this a feature that you are considering adding?

Our client will try and use Personio as a scheduling tool and thus the managers will enter the times for all employees upfront. Is there an easier way for them to do that, than entering all the individual profiles and from there the time tracking function? Is it e.g. possible to put it as a shortcut on the dashboard or and other good workarounds?

Best,

Linda

icon

Best answer by ConorCunningham 12 April 2023, 11:14

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Hey @Linda Merrett 

Is there a possibility to assign all employees a default project to make it quicker to track the time or is this a feature that you are considering adding?

At the moment there is no way to assign employees to a default project. We have had other customers post this idea into our Ideation Area, so we are aware this is something that would be beneficial in future. I would kindly ask you to upvote and post your feedback into the above idea to provide this feedback to our Product Team 😀

Our client will try and use Personio as a scheduling tool and thus the managers will enter the times for all employees upfront. Is there an easier way for them to do that, than entering all the individual profiles and from there the time tracking function? Is it e.g. possible to put it as a shortcut on the dashboard or and other good workarounds?

While there is no bulk entrance option for attendances within the Attendance tab currently, if the managers want to cut the manual work of entering each one individually, they can choose to import the attendances. This allows them to fill in the template with all the employees time and upload it in one go. Unfortunately there would be no way to put it as a shortcut on the Dashboard currently. Currently employees can use the widget below to enter time for themselves, but not for others.

I hope the information provided above were useful for you, however if I can help you with anything else please let me know 😃

Best,

Conor

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi @ConorCunningham, thanks for your help! It was as I expected, but couldn’t find it black on white somewhere. I upvoted the other post although it’s a slightly different request, but also a good idea. 

Your reply