Answered

Time Tracking (disable backfilling time)

• 23 March 2023
  • 1 reply

Dear Personio Community

We are currently implementing Personio for our company. We do have a wide population of employees that need to track their time for compliance reasons.

In our current system they have a button they can use to log-in and out when coming and leaving. If they forget to press the button only HR can go in and change the arrival or leave time.

We just learnt, that the “Button” version only exists on the mobile version of Personio. We do not provide our employees with mobile phone so using the mobile version isn’t an option for us.

Although we know, if you want you can always trick the system. We will need to somehow limit the option of the employees to backfill their time. The time tracking with just entering your arrival time and leave time with half-hour steps will not work for us.

So here my questions:

1. Can we change the drop-down to show 5min steps?
  2. Can we look the time tracking, that you can’t enter anything in the past? (So if I get into the office at 9am, the drop-down will not let me pick 8.45am as starting time?)
  3. Are there plans to offer the clock-in button for the web platform, not only the mobile version?

Many thanks

Rita

icon

Best answer by ConorCunningham 27 March 2023, 17:31

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Dear @rmarti , 

Welcome to the Personio Community, we are thrilled to see you here 🎊 🥳. I am happy to support you with your inquiry.

Can we change the drop-down to show 5min steps?

No this is not possible. The drop down menu will only show in 30 minute intervals and this cannot be edited as this would need to be implemented on a design level by the Product Team. However, employees have an option to enter specific times using the HH:MM format.

Can we look the time tracking, that you can’t enter anything in the past? (So if I get into the office at 9am, the drop-down will not let me pick 8.45am as starting time?)

Again this is not possible, as there is no functionality on Personio to track the actual time an employee enters the office. This would need to be done on a local level with your computing system in the office and then tracked across to Personio by the set approver to ensure times are matching. 

Are there plans to offer the clock-in button for the web platform, not only the mobile version?

As far as I know we have no plans to update the web platform with this button. However, I would kindly ask that you input all this feedback into our Ideation Area. This way, you can create a direct communication with the Product Team, whereby they can provide you with more information on whether these will be implemented into Personio or not.

If there are any other questions I can help with, please reach out to me again via this post.

Best,

Conor

Your reply