Answered

Tracking regular working hours in attendance

• 25 October 2023
  • 2 replies

Hello

I have a question regarding time tracking. I know that we can track working hours, overtime hours, and deficit hours in Personio, but I think we can only do this manually, right?

Each employee has to go to the attendance tab in their profile to enter manually their working hours, by clicking on the + symbol on each day, right?

My question is: if we have created and selected the proper work schedule in an employee’s profile (let’s say 8 hours a day from Monday to Friday) would it be possible to have these 8 working hours automatically recorded in Personio for every working day? That way, the employees would only have to update the days they worked less/more.

Another question would be: who gets to approve all the working hours? the Manager or the HR team? How often will they have to approve the working hours? on a daily, weekly or monthly basis?

My last question would be: is it possible to receive a warning if the employees add too many working hours? If so, who would get the warning? The manager or the HR team?

Thank you so much for your help.

Ophélie

icon

Best answer by International Support Team 27 October 2023, 13:50

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 5

Hi @Ophélie,

You are right, currently, you can only track time in Personio manually navigating to Employee profile > Attendance and by clicking on the + symbol. However I would like to highlight here two options that might interest you:

1. We have the option to Copy time entry by clicking in the three dots in one day entry. The hours you copy will apply to 21 days and this will take the working days from the work schedule. This can be a solution where they don’t have to go everyday and add it manually but every 21 days. For more information about this topic, you can visit our Help Center article: Record attendance via the Attendance tab.
  1. Importing Historical Attendances. Please visit the Help Center article for more details. 

I’m aware that this is not what you actually are looking for but I thought it was interesting to share it with you. I can understand your concern here so I would to encourage you to post this suggestion of improvement in our ideation area. This way, other users will be able to vote for it, and the suggestion will be shared with our product team. In order for us to fully understand your idea, please make sure to add all information you think it might helpful. The more details, the better! However, remember not to share any personal or business data with the public. And, please, also make sure to add the link to the idea in this thread, so that other users that find your question can upvote it 💪🏼

In regards of the approval workflow, the attendance will be approved by the employees you consider would suit the best for it. You can Set up approval workflows were the responsible approver could be: Specific employee, Employee with role (and the roles will be populated there), Supervisor's supervisor or Supervisor. In order to set up an approval workflow, you will need to grant the Propose right for the Attendance data in the Employee Roles. Then you have to navigate to Settings > Workflows > Approvals > Attendance and Add approval step. I’m strongly recommend you to follow the instruction in the Help Center article shared above. The approver will get notified once the employee enter the time and the approver can decide to review them in the daily, weekly or monthy basics. The task will be placed in the Dashboard under Tasks and they will get an email notification too. You have information related to it in the same Help Center article.

Related to the last question, the employees are the ones getting the alert. If you enable the alert option, the employee will see a warning on both the attendance tracking window and the calendar view when entering a longer working period than they are meant to according to their assigned work schedule. If they still go ahead and track the longer working period, they will have an option to enter the reasoning behind. If you enable the restrict option, the employee will not be able to track an amount of hours bigger than the maximum you set. This will also apply retroactively: if an employee tries to edit a time entry with an excessive amount of hours, they will only be able to save the edits if they reduce the amount of hours according to the maximum you set. For more information about this topic, you can visit our Help Center article: Configure work schedules

And I think with this I have answered all your questions, if not, please let me know or even if something is unclear! 

Wishing you a lovely day ahead! 🙌🏼

Best,

Zulema

Thank you so much for your reply

Your reply