Answered

Value-neutral conversion of leave entitlement

• 28 March 2023
  • 2 replies

We have many employees that work only part time. During their employment, they often change their working schedules because of increasing their working hours and thus, working days.

Now we figured out that according to the Austrian OGH, we have to recalculate the remaining holiday entitlement aliquot to their new working schedule.

I.e. if an employee worked 20 hours per week in three days and will increase to 25h in 4days. And he has still 3 holiday days left that he will transfer in his “new working schedule” → We need to compute this three days as follows:

(Left holiday entitlement / old working days per week) x new working days per week = (3 / 3) x 4 = 4 days aliquot holiday entitlement

In Personio though, we weren’t able to have the holiday entitlement working like this. We only put the 25 days holidays that are required by Austrian law. Nevertheless, whenever changing the working schedule, our employees as in the example just get added more holiday days but not recomputed the remaining ones.

Do you know how we can do it, so that Personio will also calculate the remaining holiday entitlement aliquot after a change (increase or reduce) of working days per week? 

Thank you very much in advance!

Kind regards,

Lena

icon

Best answer by ConorCunningham 30 March 2023, 09:14

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Dear @Lena Violetta Werner , 

Welcome to the Personio Community, we are thrilled to see you here 🎊 🥳. I am happy to support you with your inquiry.

Unfortunately it won’t be possible to do this automatically, as the system will read the entitlement based within the accrual policy and prorate this figure instead of the remaining balance. Therefore for these part time employees a manual adjustment will be needed to update their balance according to your desired calculations. 

However, this is a great idea for a future improvement and for this reason I would kindly suggest that you enter this feedback into our Ideation Area

If there are any other questions you would like answered, please let me know and I will be happy to help 😀

Best,

Conor

Dear Conor,

thank you very much for taking the time and helping me on this issue! :)

I wish you a great start into the weekend.

Best wishes,
Lena

Your reply