Answered

Viewing my reports remaining annual leave balance

• 3 October 2022
  • 7 replies

Is there a way for a line manager to view their direct reports remaining annual leave balance as a team? or would they need to go into each employee’s profile and into the absence tab? 

icon

Best answer by Andrea 7 October 2022, 15:03

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Dear @SusanMcMullen,

Welcome to the Personio Community, we are thrilled to see you here 🎊 🥳.

I want to make sure I fully understand your question:

• Would you need the line manager to see all entitlements of their team summed up? For example, if they have 2 persons in their team and each of them have 4 days left, the line manager would see 8 days in the annual leave balance. Is this the information you require?

Thank you very much for your answer!

Best,

Andrea

Hi Andrea, 

Thank you for the warm welcome 😀

No, apologies I’ve maybe not worded it well. The line manager is asking if there is a way they can see how many days each team member has left at a glance. For example, one screen where it would show:  Joe - 4 days left, Mary - 8 days left, James - 1 day left. Or do they need to check individual profiles to access that information? 

Thanks, 

Susan 

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Dear @SusanMcMullen,

Thank you very much for sharing further details about your inquiry with me.

The easiest way to see how many absence days the team members of a line manager have, is to use the Employee list. In this area, they can add the columns Team and [Absence Type] (for example “Vacation”) balance. He can then filter his own team and see the left absence days each member of his team has left:

Employee List > Customize columns
​​​​​​

To see more details about the functionalities of the employee list, please visit our help center: Employee list functions

Please let me know if this information was helpful!

I wish you a lovely weekend 🌻.

Best,

Andrea

Disable checkingPremium suggestions

Hi Andrea

Following up on this, the Absence Balance column function annoyingly only gives the absence balance at this moment in time, not at year end including what they have planned. This is very frustrating - could this be fixed? If you go into individual profiles you can see the year end balance but not in the employee list overview which would be more useful.

Eg. Imagine it is December 1st and I want to make sure my team use up as much of their holiday as possible as they can only carry over 5 days. If it use “Holiday Balance” column it looks to be like LOADS of people haven’t used enough holiday with lots of balances showing 6-10 days left. However if I click into profiles I discover most people have booked off 5+ days over the holiday period and it is only 1 or two people who I need to nudge to take a few extra days.

Eg2. Imagine it is June 1st and someone I requesting 5 days leave - I look at the employee list and they appear to have 10 days holiday balance so I approve it. However it turns out they have already booked a 10 days holiday in August and had no balance left so I just approved a holiday that takes them over balance. I know in this scenario I would actually have just gone into their profile before approving, but still, it shows why it would be useful to see the “Plan Year End Balance” in the employee list for quick checks.

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

Hi @LHNotpla,

Thank you for sharing your feedback!

Would you be so kind to post it separately as an idea in our Ideation Area? That way, your feedback will reach our respective Product Team. 

Feel free to copy-paste what you already wrote :)

Best,
Daniele

Dear @SusanMcMullen,

Thank you very much for sharing further details about your inquiry with me.

The easiest way to see how many absence days the team members of a line manager have, is to use the Employee list. In this area, they can add the columns Team and [Absence Type] (for example “Vacation”) balance. He can then filter his own team and see the left absence days each member of his team has left:

Employee List > Customize columns
​​​​​​

To see more details about the functionalities of the employee list, please visit our help center: Employee list functions

Please let me know if this information was helpful!

I wish you a lovely weekend 🌻.

Best,

Andrea

@Andrea 

If I do not have access to such columns, despite the fact I'm the supervisor of few people, how can I see the "Paid vacation balance"?

Disable checkingPremium suggestions
Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hello @guy.silva,

Welcome to the community!

You can probably take a look at your team’s absence balance within their profile on the absence tab:

This also depends on the access rights you were granted, though, so it might be necessary to clarify this topic with the admin of your Personio account within your company. The admin of your account is able to grant any access rights necessary for you as a supervisor. 

Let me know if I can support you with anything else!

Best,

Andrea

Your reply