Skip to main content
How to

Ranks and Badges - Everything you need to know!

• 31 March 2021
  • 0 replies
Ranks and Badges - Everything you need to know!

We’ve got a fun little ranking system to recognise your contributions to the community! And, no, don’t worry, we’re not going all Hunger Games on you.

“So…what is a Rank??”

A rank is a system that rates members based on their activity within the community 🌟 

When you first join, you start as a Newbie 🌱. This is just the beginning of many exciting ranks you can achieve. 

Oh and badges! You can earn badges through your activities in the community, e.g. by starting new threads, providing many answers that end up getting marked as correct, etc.

But we also want to reward you with badges for activities outside the community platform. For example by participating in Personio Beta tests, for sharing best practices, for working with you as a reference customer and much more. 

There are several different categories in which you can earn badges, e.g. Correct Answers, Topic Starter, Commentator, Personio Beta Tester, Reference Customer, and many more.

“Alright, cool, I’m with you so far. Now, how do I get a higher rank?”

Look at you, showing some competitive spirit! 🏆 

That’s an excellent question, with a fairly simple answer: by getting more involved in the community! 

You can earn higher ranks by replying to topics, posting new content, or having one of your comments marked as a correct answer. These are just a few of the ways to climb the ranks.

☝🏻 TIP:

You can easily reach the second rank, Visitor, by posting your first comment. If you’re not sure what to post, you can introduce yourself here. 😊

🤔 Ok, great. And, just curious, are there any particular ranks I should be aware of?”

Yes. We have tons of foxes. Remain vigilant. 🦊

Ok, so we don’t have foxes, but you should look out for these two ranks: Community Admin & Community Moderator. These are Personio staff members who can answer your questions.

Another one to be on the lookout for is: CAB Member. This rank is reserved for our 14 Customer Advisory Board members. These are Personio users who work closely with our Product Experts to improve our software and tailor it to everyday HR needs.

“Got it. Another question: what are Badges?”

In addition to the ranks, there are many colourful badges that you receive through certain activities in various areas. 🏅

You can see them when you hover over a username with your mouse or click on a profile. Badges are like insignia that represent your achievements in the community.

“How do I get these badges?”

You receive them through various activities, such as:

• Sharing comments and answering questions
  • Bringing new ideas into Ideation
  • Completing courses at our Voyager Academy
  • Participating in various events
  • Doing something good for your karma
  • And much more!

And then there's the king of all badges: the Leaderboard Champion 🏆

This badge is awarded on Friday afternoons to the member who leads the leaderboard, meaning the one who has been particularly active that week.

"A member has been particularly helpful to me, can I also award a badge?"

Send us a private message with the link to the post and we will see if we have a suitable badge in store. 🎁

"I'm missing a badge on my profile!"

No problem! Just contact the Community Team (e.g., @Moe) and we will take care of it. 🙂

Have fun climbing the ladder and may the odds be ever in your favor! 🚀

Cheers, 

Moe and your Voyager Community Team

Be the first to reply!

Your reply