Answered

Completing Documents (employees)

• 16 November 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
  • Getting Started
  • 2 replies

Hi

We want to send all our employees some Health and Safety forms to complete and save back onto Personio.  These documents include ticking boxes and completing text fields, however when I’ve tested it, it only allows the employee to complete a signature.  Is it possible to be able to complete more information on a document sent through Personio?

Many thanks

Kate

icon

Best answer by Andrea 17 November 2022, 16:21

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Dear @Kate,

Thank you for sharing this question with us. 

Through document templates, it is possible to complete text fields within a document. For this, your employees need to have edit rights for own for the document category in which the document they should fill in is saved. Through these access rights, your employees will be able to create a template within their profiles and to fill in information. Filling in ticking boxes is not possible, but employees could for example fill in a text field with “X” instead.

If you would like a further guidance for this settings, please take a look in the following help center articles:

Please let me know if this information was helpful for you, or if there is any other question I can support you with.

I wish you a lovely day 🌻.

Best,

Andrea

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Dear @Kate,

I hope my answer above was helpful for you! If this was the case, please mark my post as Best Answer. If there is any other detail you need from me, please let me know. I will be happy to support sou further 😊.

I wish you a lovely day 🌸.

Best,

Andrea

Userlevel 1
Badge

Continuing the question and still looking for a good solution : me as an admin i create a template -let’s say “Employment Contract” where the template will get some info from the future employee profile (Personal information), i add some text box for me to add manual (like date of sign) but now comes the question - how the employee, after i submit ,can also add some info in other text boxes ( like, the name of the last employer ) ? For signature i got it, its simply, but i would need for him in the same template to sign and add some info. Thx

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Hey @icovacel 

So because theres no ability for the employee to edit the information within a Document that has been created for them, a workaround is needed. In this instance what I would recommend is to input the manual information from your side to the document, upload this via Settings > Documents and then you will need to grant the employee Own edit rights for that specific Document category. 

This will allow the employee to create this Document within their own Documents tab and enter the requested information. The only alternative would be to request and enter the information on behalf of the employee when creating the Document for them. 

Another customer previously entered this idea into our Ideation Area, so I would kindly ask you to upvote and comment with your feedback on this post.

If there is anything else I can help with, please reach out to me again.

Best,

Conor

Your reply