Answered

Creating documents for multiple employees at once with placeholder fields

• 12 July 2023
  • 6 replies

Badge +3

We would like to create documents for various employees. For example, for salary increases we have a generic document, but will have mail merge fields that might be different for each employee (salaries for instance).  It is simple enough to create a template for this exact purpose but then (unless I’m mistaken) you have to upload the document into each employees profile one at a time, inputting the data manually.

It would be great if this could be uploaded (and then with the ability to edit) and then documents created.

Currently our HR Director does a mail merge with Excel and Word so using templates and doing each employee individually is going to slow down the process.

icon

Best answer by International Support Team 25 July 2023, 19:05

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 5

Hi @tomblake,

Thank you for your community question! Yes that’s correct you can upload the template and afterwards you will have to go into each profile and create the document.
Unfortunately after the document has been created in the employee’s profile we cannot make any content edits. 

You can search for a post in our ideation area and to vote for it, in case another user has shared this suggestion for improvement. In case you don’t find any idea that describes your need, you can always post a new idea:

→ How to: Submit an idea or suggest a new feature

Documents multi-upload might help you in case you have to upload at the same time document for multiple employees, in this artikel you will find more information.
By using Documents multi-upload, unfortunately it will not be possible to make edits after the document has been uploaded, but by using this option the document will go directly to the employees’ Documents tab. 

Once again thank you for your community question. 

I hope you have a nice day.

Kind regards,

Sofia 

Badge +3

@International Support Team  If we were to multi-upload the document, is there a way to create a task for those employees that says something like ‘you have a new document to review’ and/or with the ability to add a ‘I have reviewed this document and agree’ button or ‘I have reviewed the document, but have a query’ button? or is there a workaround or ideation for this?

We don’t currently use Conversations but is this something that could be done on there, like querying documents by referring to them in the conversation?

Also are you able to send out global communications to everyone on Personio? or to a select few, rather than just one at a time? perhaps through Conversations?

Badge +3

@International Support Team  any response here?  thanks

Userlevel 5

Hi @tomblake,

My apologies for the late reply. Unfortunately we cannot notify employees when a Multi-upload has been performed, but we can notify employees when we upload a document in their personal Document tab.
Relevant profile > Documents > Upload > check the box: “ Notify employee about this document” > Upload. 

​​​​​​

Regarding your question on Conversations, this is a tool for your employees to sent requests to specific experts. In your case you would like to send a request to all employees what in this case would’t be possible because this is to send to specific experts, additional Conversations is not linked to the Documents tab. In this article you will find more information regarding Conversations

You can search for a post in our ideation area and to vote for it, in case another user has shared this suggestion for improvement. In case you don’t find any idea that describes your need, you can always post a new idea:

→ How to: Submit an idea or suggest a new feature

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback with us!

I wish you an amazing day.

Best,

Sofia 

Badge +2

Hello! 

And after the multi-upload document, would it be possible to have the option to select “ask the employee to e-sign”, and directly once the document is upload, it’s sent for signature? 

This would be amazing!

Thanks,

Userlevel 5

Hi @Julia MT,

Unfortunately we don’t have the option to just after a Multi-upload to ask the employee to e-sign. If the documents have a Signature placeholder, by going into each Employee Profile you can request a eSignature

I hope this helps! Here you will find more information regarding: Create a Document Template with Signature Placeholders.

Best,

Sofia 

Your reply