Answered

Do inactive employees affect employee limit on Personio?

• 11 April 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge +1

We have recently switched to using Personio as our HR system and wanted to upload previous/inactive employees onto the system. However, when I try to add a new employee an error message pops up saying that we have reached our user limit. If we could get an answer to these 2 questions, that would be great!

1. Are inactive employees counted towards the employee number limit?
  2. Is there a way to upload previous/inactive employee information onto Personio?
icon

Best answer by ConorCunningham 12 April 2023, 10:59

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Hey @seaweedpeople 

While inactive employees do not count towards the employee limit, you will need open spots available to add the employee to the system in the first place. This is because you will need to add the employee which will put them into an Active status first before putting them into an Inactive status.

For this reason, you may need to upgrade your subscription to a larger amount of employees. Alternatively if you had a test employee account, you could choose to put it into an inactive status temporarily while you add these inactive employees. Once the employees have then be added, you can then put it back into an active status. However, I wouldn’t recommend doing this for a real employee account due to these reasons:

I hope the information I gave above has helped you in approaching this situation. However, if you need any further assistance, please let me know.

Best,

Conor

Your reply