Answered

Duplicate an employee profile

• 6 November 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Hi ,

I have created new profiles for our employees who have now transferred to a sub company . While creating this I noticed that it does not allow me to add the BSN (as it is meant to be a unique ID I assume ) however I have made the old profile inactive and it comes with a message saying there is already an employee with the same ID . Is there a workaround this ? As I do need to have this profile as a separate one. Is it an option to delete the old profile and is there someway to still download all the history so we can have it as a record ?

icon

Best answer by International Support Team 7 November 2023, 12:41

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 5

Hey @suminair 

When selecting an attribute as a Unique ID, it means that only one profile on the platform is allowed to have this set. Therefore in order to allow for the new profile to have the attribute to be entered, you must remove it from the inactive profile first. Therefore to fix this, simply go into these inactive profiles and removes the BSN and it will then allow you to enter it successfully into the new one.

There is no need to delete the old profile when it is in an inactive state and it allows for reporting still to be conducted. I would recommend leaving them in an inactive state but just following the steps above, this way you have all the history safe in the old profile but can enter the BSN into the new one.

If you have any follow up questions, please let me know.

Best regards, 

Conor

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Thank you so much Conor ! 

Your reply