Answered

Employee Equipment

• 5 May 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

Hi folks

I wonder if you could share how you track employee equipment in Personio? As I see it at present the only option is to create an attribute for each element of a piece of equipment. Eg Laptop type, serial Number, Date Loaned, Cost (6 attributes) Headset, Date Loaned, Cost (3 attributes) Desk, Cost, date Loaned (3 attributes) Mobile phone type, serial number, date loaned, cost (4 attributes) 

Is there another way I’m missing? 

I had begun to record just laptops but as each attribute is independent of the other rather than a table of information relating to one piece of equipment so that doesn’t really seem to work either. Also in this case someone could get a new piece of equipment but each attribute would need to be updated individually and there is no way of record or report on the history of equipment.

I’m at a bit of a loss. 

Thanks for your input!

icon

Best answer by International Support Team 9 May 2023, 11:27

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5

Hey @Volvic 

At the moment, the creation of sections and attributes for company equipment tracking is the best recommendation.

This is what we have been advising to our customers, however we are always open to new ideas on ways in which to improve. Therefore I would kindly ask you to post your feedback on how you would change this current feature, so that our Product Team can take it into consideration in future.

If there is any other questions I can help you with, please let me know 😀

Best,

Conor

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

Thanks @International Support Team 

I had started this initially but end up with 20 plus attributes as each item requires the name, serial number, date loaned, date returned and cost.

And when a piece of equipment need to be updated the attributes relating to that piece of equipment all need to be updated separately. 

This also means there is no way to historically report on equipment so hoping someone in the community has found a better way. 

Badge +3

This is how we do it, I don’t think there’s a better way on the platform.

Best to create feedback for a feature that you want to update as Volvic suggests.

Your reply