Answered

Employee ID

• 3 January 2023
  • 2 replies

• Getting Started
  • 0 replies

I thought that every profile created (means every new employee) will get assigned a employee ID as a unique identifier. I now realize that this ID is not generated automatically - can I set this up so it is creating it with every new employee/ profile?

icon

Best answer by ConorCunningham 3 January 2023, 16:23

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Hey @Beat

With every employee profile that is created a Personio ID is created along with it. However, this ID is for internal use and is not to be used as an Employee ID, because it can be subject to change. We always recommend that customers create a custom attribute called Employee ID and use our bulk import function to upload these ID’s into multiple employee profiles at once. 

Once created, you can mark this custom attribute as a Unique Id by going to Settings > Employee Information > ( navigating to the section which contains the attribute ) > Clicking on the Unique Id checkmark box > Clicking on Save. 

Unfortunately there is no functionality on Personio at the moment that would allow for automatic ID creation with the addition of a new employee profile. Therefore you will need to manually enter this number for each new employee. 

I hope I was able to answer your question, however I am happy to assist further.

Best,

Conor

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

Hi @Beat, FYI: The title of your question was “Employer ID”. I changed it to “Employee ID” in order to avoid confusion, as the latter is the correct name.  :)

Best,
Daniele

Your reply