Answered

Erasing departments - Consequences for the historical data

• 18 November 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi! I have a question regarding this. 

What happens when I delete a Department? In my experience, it’s erased from the Reports, which can be a pain in order to have historic data… Am I doing something wrong? Have anyone faced/solved this problem?

icon

Best answer by Andrea 29 November 2022, 14:57

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Dear @Jules,

Thanks for your comment. I have converted it into a new question, since it differed from the original post. Maybe other users find the conversation helpful 😊.

I just tested erasing a department in my test account and the system would not let me do it, even though there are no employees assigned to it. In your case, you are stating that it was possible to delete a department and that it also disappeared from the reports in your account. Is this correct?

Could you please share more details about how you erased your department(s) and what information appears within your reports or employees’ history?

Thank you very much in advance for your comments!

Best,

Andrea

Hello, I comment here as just faced the similar issue. I had imported wrong data for departments and teams by accident. First it seemed even though it shows 0 employees I couldn´t delete the department but it turned out that was because there were inactive employees still with that information. 

My main problem is that:

• I imported the correct data again
  • behind employee historical data the information before today is on department that is deleted - is there a way to state “valid from” date in import?
  • the report looks funny with all the deleted departments visible before today

Anyone know how to fix it? 

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Dear @Terhi,

• On the moment, it is not possible to undertake an import stating the valid date for the uploaded information. In this case, it is possible to correct the employees’ history through their profile. 

This can be undertaken in the history tab in each employee profile, clicking on the detailed view link. In this area, a specific attribute can be chosen, and the application date can be adjusted by clicking on the little pencil:

Employee profile > History > Detailed view
  • Due to data consistency, departments which were deleted appear on the reports of the Personio accounts. Otherwise, it could happen that employees don’t appear in a report at all, since the department they were normally assigned to does not exist anymore. This information would be misleading. 

Please let me know if this information was helpful for you, or if there is any other question I can support you with.

I wish you a lovely day 🌻.

Best,

Andrea

Thank you Andrea! This is for help.

The only issue is it is time consuming to make the change like this for all employees. The situation occurred when I made a mistake and had a wrong headline in my import, so departments and teams were mixed. 

But good to know there is even some way out from this situation :) 

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @Terhi,

Yes, I totally understand that undertaking this in each employee profile is time-consuming. I would like to encourage you to share a suggestion for improvement on our ideation area. This way, other users will be able to vote for it, and the suggestion will be shared with our product team!

Let me know if there is anything else I can support you with.

Best,

Andrea

Your reply