Answered

How do I find employee with certain Document?

• 28 February 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi Team,

I’m haivng trouble finding the 3 instances where we have the BPSS Document Type in use..

I have tried using the Report ‘Custom Report’ but it doesn’t allow to search Document Categories from what I have found.

I want to tidy up our Categories and streamline this but for the life of me I can’t find where these 3 files under BPSS are… is there an easy way to find it or do I need to go into each employee individually?

This also is another use case for having the ability to report on Documents and Documents Metadata.
@Andrea 

Link to proposed solution found in other Document Storage solutions 

@marielle.van.wieringen / @Edda van der Ende / @Sanja / @barbara.werthmueller / @Vida / @CandelaCiordia / @SONIAROCA / @lisaamoroso / @woutervanlinden / @janscomb / @Pamela Sawers  / @jmd / @AliceM / @SalC / @Dorota / @ClaireB  / @MrsBURTON2012 

If any of you have the solution - appreciate your help.

icon

Best answer by Andrea 3 March 2023, 14:33

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

@conor - you might be able to help me with this situation…

I don’t want to have to go through an manually search every individual…

I tried running a report to find who had this category but no luck… hence the need for reporting capability…

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @JHBEM,

I do understand the need of reporting data regarding documents with your last posts. Thanks for the details, I am happy that Conor reached out to you on your idea mentioned above 😊.

In order to see in which profiles there are documents on your category BPSS, there are two options:

• Checking in your employee profiles: at the moment there is no report that shows this information, so you would need to take a look in your employees’ profiles. Don’t forget to check employees on status inactive and on leave. 
  • Undertaking an export of company data: Within the export, a separate folder for each employee is created in the zip file, containing all documents sorted by different categories. 

The following idea might describe a suitable solution for this case:

As always, feel free to vote for it!

Let me know if I can clarify anything else for you.

Best,

Andrea

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @Andrea 

Thanks for the response.

It does answer the question - although not the solution I was hoping for…

i.e. didn’t want to have to go into each individual’s Document record to find out who (active and inactive) has these documents….

I am not sure what is faster.. as I just want to move the file from one Document Category to another and then remove the BPSS document category altogether.

Your reply