Question

IT system access control - onboarding

• 22 April 2024
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hello,

When implementing an onboarding process for a new employee, is it possible to assign the new employee's access level to different IT systems based on their role, or specify that this employee should have the same access as an existing user? This information will be sent to the IT manager to set up the appropriate access level. Currently we have to email to IT manually with the access details.

Kasey

HR

1 reply

Badge +1

Hello Kasey, 

From my understanding, there is no possibility today in Personio to have dependencies between attributes, meaning that you can not give or select a value for a specific attribute based on a role an employee have. 

Nevertheless in our company we have decided to see things differently to find a workaround.
We have created a custom attribute with a list of tags where you can select all the tools an employee needs to have access to.
In our onboarding process, a task is first assign to the supervisor who is responsible to select these tools. 
Then we added an automatic email step, send to IT, where the different values are appearing for IT to know what they need to activate for this new employee. 

I hope it could also work for your use case, please let me know if you want more details. 

Best regards, 
Nathan

Your reply