Job History

• 24 March 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

Hi there, 

We are new to the platform and are currently storing historical job information in the notes section of each employee profile as there doesn’t seem to be a way to upload historical career progression information. 

Is anyone else doing it differently? I’m sure there’s something I’ve not thought of! 

Also when an employee moves role eg is promoted, change in career path, performance issues etc how are you recording the reason for the change? I dont see how this can be done at the moment. 

Thank you!

4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hello @Volvic 😊,

What you can do in this case is to create a Section called for example Historical data, in which you can add different Attributes. Those will be shown in each Employee profiles and you can store in there the different jobs, dates and the reason of the the change. 

You can also create a new Attribute or Section for the change in the Career path, by adding all the relevant Attributes for this. 

You can find all the relevant instructions on how to create sections and categories in the Helpcenter article below:

-Create-custom-sections-and-attributes

I hope this will help. 

Wishing you a lovely afternoon.

Best, 

Anna Lisa

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

Thanks Anna Lisa, that’s a good suggestion. Unfortunately it still wouldn’t allow for any reporting or formatting that would allow for highlighting what information had changed or correlate the change in role to a reason and point in time. It also takes up the limited attributes and results in a very long text field to scroll through on the employee profile. 

Would you know if there are plans to address this gap?

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hello @Volvic 😊,

Since this is a current product limitation, I would like to invite you to post this suggestion of improvement in our ideation area. This way, other users will be able to vote for it, and the suggestion will be shared with our product team.

Thank you!

Best,

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

Thanks Annlisa will do 

Your reply