Answered

Onboarding Employee

• 9 May 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi, 

it seems that I always need to create a Personio caccount for a potential new employee before the onboarding process can be started. Is that right?
I understand that I need the employee setup in Personio and once that is done I can asign an onboarding template to that employee.

This then triggers the onboarding steps in the peoples Tasks list that play a role in the onboarding process, is that correct or can this be done any other way?

Reason for asking is that we have defined steps during the onboarding (ie. creating a Personio account, providing access etc.) that would have to be done before the person is setup in personio.

Is there any way to achieve that (ie give the task to setup personio to HR before the person has been setup??)

Many thanks

Marc

icon

Best answer by International Support Team 9 May 2023, 14:45

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5

Hi @bruchm 

Yes that is correct, you will need to create the Employee profile first before being able to define the onboarding process or reminders in relation to this employee. I am afraid there is no other way to trigger the onboarding workflow before the Employee profile is on your account. 

While creating the Personio account may not be possible to have as a prior task, providing them access to their account can still be included as this will need to be done after the Employee profile is made, please see this article below:

👉🏼 Invite individual employees

I would like to encourage you to post this suggestion of improvement in our ideation area. This way, other users will be able to vote for it, and the suggestion will be shared with our product team. 

In order for us to fully understand your idea, I share with you a couple of questions that your description should clarify when posting in the ideation area: 

• What would you like to achieve with Personio?  What issue do you need to solve?

• Why? What would be the added value for you? 

• How are you solving it right now? 

The more details, the better! However, remember not to share any personal or business data with the public. Make sure to add the link to the idea in this thread, so that other users that find your question can upvote it. 

Thank you in advance for sharing your ideas with us 🙌🏽

All the best, 

Erica 😊

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Hello

not necessarily. If you have a candidate in the recruitment tab (by applying the candidate account is created by them) and you will get the confirmation that this candidate should be hired you simply click on the Hire button and the candidate is transferred automatically to the employees list marked as onboarding (not active or inactive) awaiting for start and there you can go to onboarding tab and assign all the tasks for all involved

and just like that you have the account created :)

best of luck!

Question removed as I figured out the answer

Your reply