Answered

Personal Info tab - Hidden section

• 5 January 2023
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge

Dear Personio Community,

I am contacting you to request information regarding the following. 

We have updated our Employee Information (attributes and sections) but have encountered a complication. 

In the ‘Hidden’ section, we have used the preset ‘length of probation’ for a long time. Now that we are updating it, we were wondering what will happen with the history of the attribute. Is there a way to back up the employee data before removing it?

Specifically, we would like to know how to remove this preset the right way. How should go about removing this attribute?

I hope to have informed you sufficiently and I am looking forward to your reply.

Kind regards,

Ragid Martis
HR Support 

icon

Best answer by mruscito 9 January 2023, 12:04

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi @Ragid Martis ,

Excellent question!

If you are trying to delete a custom section that contains a preset attribute, the system will not allow you to do this. You will see an error message after clicking the Delete button, as shown below. ⬇

The reason for this is that preset attributes/sections are linked to key functions in Personio. So, you are not able to rename them or delete them.

If you want to remove the custom section Hidden from your account, then all you need to do is drag the attribute Length of probation to another section. Then, you can proceed to delete the section.

❗However, by deleting the section Hidden, you will be permanently removing all related information from your company’s account. It will be a hard deletion, which means that the data is not recoverable.

If you are sure about taking this step, then I suggest that you export the information (and any relevant reports made) to an external source or file.

Once deleted, there will be no way for you to consult the history of this information in Personio, and you will not be able to access any reports previously created for these attributes.

If you have any specific questions regarding your company’s account, please don’t hesitate to put your query to our Support Team using our Find Answers function.

Take care!

Your reply