Answered

Picking up future changes in Document templates

• 24 March 2023
  • 3 replies

When we annual salary increases we upload and confirm these in advance of the effective date.

When i create a template and use the field {{fix_salary}} it only picks up the current salary, and i can’t find any option to select the future effective one.

I would also like the document to auto insert the date it was effective from.

Are either of these things possible?  i’m new to Personio and am hoping i’ve just missed something!

icon

Best answer by ConorCunningham 27 March 2023, 18:12

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Dear @j3llybeans , 

Welcome to the Personio Community, we are thrilled to see you here 🎊 🥳. I am happy to support you with your inquiry.

Unfortunately when placeholders read the system, it will only take into account the present value located within the employee profile. It will not read any scheduled changes, therefore in order for these values to be read correctly the scheduled change date will need to have passed. 

We have a helpcenter article on how to Create Document Templates – Placeholders which will help you on this task. While we do not have a placeholder that would go through the effective date of the change, you can create an attribute for this within the employee profile. You could then enter this information and pull it using the custom placeholder option explained in the guide above. This would be the only workaround available at this moment.

Please let me know if you require any assistance with this and I will be happy to help.

Best,

Conor

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

When we annual salary increases we upload and confirm these in advance of the effective date.

When i create a template and use the field {{fix_salary}} it only picks up the current salary, and i can’t find any option to select the future effective one.

I would also like the document to auto insert the date it was effective from.

Are either of these things possible?  i’m new to Personio and am hoping i’ve just missed something!

Has there been any movement on this? Its quiet an issue for onboarding as you need to send the contract out before the salary will come into effect and its impractical to have a new field as we have an API for all the candidates information… any help with this would be much appreciated!

Userlevel 5

Hey @j3llybeans 

Unfortunately there is still no resolve for this issue and the attributes will still only become active when the hire date has passed. I understand the frustration around the lack of movement here and hope for a solution in the near future. However for now you will continue to need to manually update this information within the template, to ensure the correct information is showing. 

If there is anything else I can help you on, please let me know.

Best regards, 

Conor

Your reply