Salary Entry during Maternity Leave

• 20 February 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi, 

We had an employee on maternity leave and realised that the salary was reflected as EUR 0,00 instead of her usual salary. There is no change in terms of salary when being on maternity leave. Can you support on how to do the set-up correctly?

Thank you

Carina

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi @Carina !

Excellent question 🚀
It sounds like the employee’s profile has a scheduled leave registered, which is different to booking an absence period via the personal Absence tab. ⬇

If you navigate to the employee’s profile and click on the 3 dots in the right-hand corner, you have the option Schedule leave. When you register a leave period from this area, there will be 3 effects on the employee’s account:

• their status will change to Leave
  • their salary will be prorated
  • their vacation entitlement will be prorated

If you do not want this to happen, then you can simply schedule the maternity leave via the employee’s Absence tab. ⬇ Just make sure that you have a relevant absence type set up first!

Scheduling maternity leave via the Absence tab to avoid proration of salary & vacation days

Please do let me know if this helps, or if you have any additional questions on this topic!

Take care!

Megan

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi Megan, 

Thank you for your reply. 

We did register the leave period for this person as she should not be visible for this period of time. By doing this, it has not the right impact to the salary as in Germany the employee receives the same salary during this time. Is there a way to set- up maternity leave correctly following the German law?

Regards

Carina

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi @Carina !

Have you tried the method that I suggested? 

If you do not want this to happen, then you can simply schedule the maternity leave via the employee’s Absence tab. ⬇️ Just make sure that you have a relevant absence type set up first!

Scheduling maternity leave via the Absence tab to avoid proration of salary & vacation days

This would be the best way to make sure that your employee’s salary/vacation entitlement is NOT prorated. 
If you need additional help on this, feel free to open a query via Find Answers and our Customer Support Team will be able to walk you through the steps on your account.
Take care!
Megan

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Yes, I did select the option to schedule it via an absence type as a work around. I would prefer to have the full salary during maternity leave in the system and have the employee scheduled “on leave” instead of absence that the employee is not visible in the system during this time. The same way as to schedule “leave” when being on parental leave. This might be a suggestion for your product team to thing about this option to implement :) 

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi @Carina !

I completely understand. The workaround that I provided isn’t 100% ideal, but it does stop the system from prorating the employee’s salary and vacation entitlement.

Your suggestion is very pertinent, and I think other users would benefit from this feature as well. I highly recommend that you put your idea forward in our Ideation section of the Community. That way, others can upvote & comment on your improvement suggestion. And, our Product Team regularly reviews the feature insights that are posted in Ideation.
Do let me know if you have any further questions or concerns!

Megan

Your reply