Answered

Schedule change in the time zone of the respective office location

• 21 March 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hello Personio Community 🌞

Background: We are using Personio for entities in different time zones.

Issue: When I schedule a change in an employee profile, I can only select a date in my time zone.

Request: I would like to schedule the change in the time zone which is stored in the office which is entered in the employee profile. 

Specific example: The change from the private to the new company email address is scheduled at midnight in the time zone GMT+1 just before the first day of work. Our IT department is sending out (not via Personio → via Okta) the credentials for setting up the computer at 11.45 pm in the time zone of the respective new hire to the email address which is stored in Personio. If the new hire is in the GMT+1 time zone, the email is sent to his/her private email account which is the goal. But i.e. for US new hires the email is already sent to the company email account to which they don’t have access and which access is explained in the email they don’t have access to.

I would appreciate if you would have a look on this 🌺

Best wishes,

Caro

icon

Best answer by ConorCunningham 27 March 2023, 11:19

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

2nd example: We have a vacation days policy for everyone. Vacation days expire on a certain date. The US employee sees in the US time zone that the vacation days expire one day earlier.

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Hey @CarolineBM 

Just wanted to keep you updated that I am working on getting more information to answer your request. Once I have this, I will comment once again.

Thank you for your patience on this 🙂

Best,

Conor

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Hey @CarolineBM 

Thank you for your patience on this request 🙂

Unfortunately there is no possibility to schedule a change within the timezone of an Office. For your request, a workaround will be needed to stop the email being sent out to the US employees too early. You may need to possibly send out the credentials to these employees earlier according to their timezone, to ensure they are being sent to the private email.

As mentioned in our helpcenter article on Configuring Offices, Timezones are significant for import processes and for sending email reminders from Personio. 

In regards to your second comment, do you have an example of an employee history I could have a look at whereby the carryover expired earlier? I can investigate this further for you then.

I would kindly ask that you provide this example above and feedback on your request into the Ideation Area, so that our Product Team can take it into consideration.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or want to provide more information on this.

Best,

Conor

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hey @ConorCunningham ,

I created the post as an ideation post. I think that it was changed to a question.

Regarding the vacation days: I don’t know what you exactly need and I don’t want to post concrete examples here but here you can find two screenshots: one is the view of the employee, the other one is the view when I check it in my time zone: In the screenshot of the US employee you can see that the vacations days expire on 30th of March, in the one of time zone GMT+1 on 31st of March.

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Hey @CarolineBM 

Thank you for providing me with this information.

What I would suggest on this would be to have the Account Owner for your Personio account contact us on this. We can then look at this in detail and see why this has happened. It is difficult to nail down the reason for this over a Community post and I don’t want you to share any sensitive information 😅

To contact us, simply have the AO submit a support request via Find Answers and we will be happy to help.

Best,

Conor

Your reply