Answered

Weekly hours changes with a backdated start date.

• Getting Started
  • 2 replies

Hello, we are trying to enter in employees with a backdated start date and salary, but the default weekly hours set for the department keeps changing automatically. For example, the department weekly hours is set at 40, but this changes to 37.5 when we enter in a historical start date, so their revised weekly hours ends up being 40/37.5, which is wrong. We keep getting the message: 'we've updated the weekly hours as well as departmental hours based on the date change. The salary was recalculated accordingly'. There doesn’t seem to be an option to override/correct this. This only happens when we enter in a historical start date; anyone with a start date in the current month this doesn't happen. Any ideas on why this happens and how to fix this? Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Marc 9 May 2022, 15:15

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi @LGW,

have you already checked the application date when the department has been assigned to the employee?

You can do so by navigation to the Employee Profile > History > Detailed History and filter for Department

Please make sure, the department application date is correct (similar to the salary you try to type in) so the department work hours are adopted correctly.

If the date is not correct, you can change it by clicking the pen icon.

You can find more details on that in this article: The Employee History

If this is not the issue, please let me know, so we can find the reason together. 

Have a great day.
Marc

Thank you Marc. I got this resolved. I updated the history to reflect the person’s hire date so the weekly hours were corrected.

Thank you!

Louissa

Your reply