Answered

What does it mean - You can't remove options from optionsName because this attribute is used in an accounting group.

• 21 February 2024
  • 1 reply

I want to  archive a an option that I have in an attribute, but every time I try to delete it  gives me this error:

You can't remove options from optionsName because this attribute is used in an accounting group.

Can you explain further what it means.

Can you tell me if by deleting or changing an atribute will affect past months reports,

The attribute is linked to the Employment type.

icon

Best answer by International Support Team 23 February 2024, 16:32

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 5

Hi @Luisa,

This error means that, maybe, in the Payroll you have an accounting group based in the option you are trying to delete because accounting groups can be created on the basis of any Attribute of the List of options type. You will need to double check your configuration in the Payroll. If the Attribute is used for it, you won’t be able to remove it.

Deleting an Attribute will affect past months reports, the information will be lost and it cannot be restored. When you said “changing an attribute” do you mean the information for the Attribute or, for example, the name of the Attribute? You can change the name, for example, but you can’t change the type of attribute, let’s say, from List of options to Date if employees already have information recorded there. If you change, for example, the name, in the Reports, the new name would appear. 

If the Attribute is a preset one, you cannot rename or delete it because they have some functionalities linked to it. The Employment type is a preset attribute and it cannot be renamed or deleted. For more information about this topic, you can visit our Help Center article: Preset attributes and their functionalities

I hope this is clear, if not, please let me know! 😃

Wishing you a lovely weekend ahead! 🙌🏼

Best Regards,

Zulema

Your reply