Answered

Who signs first doesn't show up

• 15 February 2023
  • 7 replies

Hello there, I was uploading a document template in “settings” ´, of couse in the chapter Arbeitsverträge. I added the @@ as shown and all other stuff, but after uploading the document no “who signs first” shows up. Nothing signature related shows up.

What is wrong, who can help? 

xx

Sandra

icon

Best answer by ConorCunningham 16 February 2023, 14:45

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Hey @SanLi,

Welcome to the Personio Community, we are thrilled to see you here 🎊 🥳. I am happy to support you with your inquiry.

When you upload a Document template with signature placeholders via Settings > Documents, you should see a message above the upload stating the template has X signature placeholders like shown below:

However, it is not within this area of Personio that you will request a signature. There are two places you can request a signature on Personio:

• Within the Documents tab of an employee profile.
  • During the Offer process if you use the Recruiting module.

For example, in my demo account I have requested a signature for this uploaded document.

A pop up box will appear asking me to choose the signatories for the document. According to the order of your placeholders, you can choose the respective signatories. Once the first employee has signed the document, it will then move onto the next employee and so on.

To help you on this matter, I am providing you with our helpcenter guides below:

If you are still having difficulties after this, please let me know and I will assist you further.

Best,

Conor

Hi and thank you for the nice answer. So am I understanding it correctly that I can only send documents to sign when the person has a profile in Personio if i don´t use the recruiting part of Personio?

Best

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Hey @SanLi 

Yes exactly, you can only request signatures from people who have an employee profile that has a status Active or Onboarding (these can be internal or external employees) so that they can be selected as signatories. There also has to be a valid email address stored for them in their employee profile. 

The only exception is within the Recruiting module whereby you can request digital signatures from candidates for documents such as contract offers. You just need to make sure that candidates' email addresses is stored correctly in their candidate profiles.

I hope this information was able to answer your question, however please let me know if you have any more 🙂

Best,

Conor

hi Conor,

unfortunately our view is different. Although we bought the e-signatur module we cannot see the “request signature” button.

Please see attached screenshots.

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hello @SanLi

I’m happy to take this over. 😊 Could you please clarify if you have an Administrator role or if you have the Edit Access rights to the Document section? 

If you do not have an Admin role, you will need to have the Edit Access rights to the relevant Document category. This can be defined within Settings > Employee Roles > (Your role) > Access rights > Documents and grant Edit All rights to any Document category you want to be able to request a signature on. (My example below)

Let me know if this might help.😊

If you have an Admin role or if you have the mentioned Access rights, I kindly ask you to get back to me and I will assist you further. 

Thank you.

Anna Lisa 

Hi Anna Lisa,

thanks for your reply. So I am an Admin with all rights and cannot see this, my colleague is HR Manager with the above shown rights and also cannot see it!

Any chance we can have a call??!

Best,

Sandra

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hello @SanLi,

In this case, I would suggest you contact my colleagues from the support team via Find Answers.  They’ll be able to log in into your account and check the settings together with you.

Be aware that only Contract and Account owners can contact our Support team. In case you are not registered as such, please contact your colleagues in the role, or add this information. You can find out how here. 😊

Thank you.

Anna Lisa

Your reply