Copy of Reminder for Superadmins

Userlevel 3
Badge +5
We have many Reminders that we update based on updating the attribute for all employees. When some of this reminders are sent to employees, Personio send me a copy by email of each as superadmin even if I have receive my reminder as employee correctly. I never asked for this rule and there is no option for subtraction this action. When I asked Personio´s Customer Service, they recommended to be out of the rol and having an extra reminder from my profile to be advertised as employee. But this is not a solution, it is very unhelpful and manual to must duplicate the reminders for me from my profile. I think it's a bug that I get reminders from everyone when it's something that I haven't requested in the configuration. I would like to have a review of this to fix it or leave the complaint for the engineers to fix as it doesn't make much sense.

10 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Dear @CandelaCiordia,

Thank you very much for your post! I am sorry to read that you have not been able to solve this inquiry yet. I am happy to suggest a solution in this thread.

As an Admin you do not automatically receive a copy of the Reminders set up for your Role All Employees. I can imagine that you are a member of an Employee Role which has a duplicate of a Reminder set up in the Role All employees. This could be the reason why you are receiving two Reminders: one for your own profile and one for other employees’ profiles. 

You can check your settings under Settings > People > Employee Roles > Reminders. If in the Roles you are a member of a Reminder has been set up as shown in the screenshot, then you will be notified when the mentioned Attribute is changed in any employee profile not only on your profile:

For further assistance regarding the reminder workflows you can also visit our Help center:

→ Create Reminder Workflows

Let me know if this information helped you or if you need further support from my side!

Best,

Andrea 🌸

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Dear @CandelaCiordia,

I hope my suggestion above was helpful for you! Please let me know if you still have a suggestion of improvement for this functionality, or if my post answered your question. I am happy to support you with any other detail about this topic 😊.

Greetings from Munich,

Andrea 🌻

Userlevel 6
Badge +16
Updated idea statusNewClosed (Missing Info)
Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Dear @CandelaCiordia,

I am setting this idea as closed (missing information) for the moment. You can share with us a couple of more details as mentioned above, and I will be happy to change the status correspondingly.

Looking forward to hearing from you 🤗.

Best,

Andrea

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hello Andrea,

I have checked Settings > People > Employee Roles > Reminders and I confirm that some emails advertising some Reminders have been sent are not justified by any rol so I don´t agreed upon closing my idea.

I participate from 4 roles: All employees; Managers; People Manager & Superadmin. I send attached the Reminders of all this roles:

There you will see Vacaciones Preverano appears only for All employees but I received this confirmation by email:

as a copy of each email sent:

This produces a lot of backlog and spam and I don´t have any possible way to cancel this email advertising through Employee Roles as I explained.

Kind regards,

Userlevel 6
Badge +16
Closed (Missing Info)New
Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Dear @CandelaCiordia,

Thank you for your answer! I will get in touch with you directly, since this is probably a set-up issue in your account that I would like to further analyze with you. Please don’t share any private data in the Community, since it is a public space 🙏🏽. I have deleted one of your screenshots since it had private data from you and another person. 

Talk to you soon!

Best,

Andrea

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Dear @CandelaCiordia,

As agreed, I will share my answer to this inquiry in this thread, so that other users can also understand the topic. 

Since there is no functionality that sends a copy of reminders to admins, Candela and I investigated the matter further. We realized that not only Candela, but all employees were receiving a wrong reminder for each employee in the company, since the reminder was set up in the Employee role All employees as follows:

This set up triggers a reminder for all employees for the mentioned Attribute of all employees. This is normally used for Attributes such as Birthday or Hire date (to remind about the anniversary), since you want to remind all of your employees about each other's anniversaries and birthdays.

In the case mentioned by Candela, the employees should only receive a reminder for their own attribute. The functionality in Reminders would ideally look like this: Remind >  All employees > about [The Attribute] > of their own. This is a functionality Personio doesn’t have yet.

I have shared a quick fix for this topic (Reminders for own Attributes) in the following post:

The solution is marked as “best answer”. 

I have changed your post from an idea to a question Candela, if you like you can add a post in ideation for a Reminder for own Attributes

I hope this information clarifies the topic. @SONIAROCA,  @Serafin: This information might also be useful for you, since you had voted for Candela's post.

Please let me know if you need any further guidance from my side!

Greetings from Munich,

Andrea

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hello Andrea,

First of all, thank you so much for finding the problem and the possible solution. 

I´m not happy with this suggestion because for the most of the employees we can work with this block of attributes (that was the reason that we didn´t know until now that all they will also receive this reminder in case of bigger access and visibility) because of all employess means for them of their own. This is not a problem.

My question was about employees with huge access to staff´s atrributes like me. We must continue to have this complete or partial access independent of this Reminder problem so I will write a new Idea asking for this developing given that all companies needs to have this kind of employees so Personio must think of them also. 

Kind regards,

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @CandelaCiordia,

Oh! I understand. Sure, in your case and everyone that needs to have access to the Attribute the solution does not work. I am sorry for that! I am happy to read that you will post this idea as a suggestion for improvement in the ideation area 🙌🏽.

Another solution for this case would be to add a new Employee Role (for example “Reminders all Employees”) and to add all employees there except for you and all the people with huge access to staff´s Attributes. Then you can add Reminders for own Attributes in this Role, instead of in the Role All Employees. 

Let me know if there is anything else I can help you out with!

I wish you an amazing day 🤗.

Best,

Andrea 🌻

Your reply