Skip to main content

I would like to know if there is a maximum of Admin roles or what the recommendation is.

We have 3 admins at the moment and are planning to add one more. 

Thank you, T

Hi Fairr, 

I hope you are well? :) 

Is it superuser roles you’re questioning? If so, Personio recommend limiting these as much as possible as having access to the background settings and changing them without fully understanding the system can cause issues. 

We have 3 super users as we have a large company (1200 employees) so it is a lot for 1 person to manage and of course you want a back up for if someone is absent. 

You are able to build out a role that can do most the things a super user can do ie uploads, assigning roles ect but without them being able to access the background settings and physically build things in the system. 

I think the most important thing is to ensure any super user you add is trained, so if you are going to add a 4th, I would recommend building a ‘training’ role, where you slowly add in abilities that you train, before giving full access, just to ensure the system isn’t accidentally changed. 

I hope this helps! 

Hi @Fairr, and thanks @People Person for the help here!

You can have as many Administrators as you want, but keep in mind that we advise against adding too many because as they have access to everything, it might be a bit sensitive taking in consideration that they can also change settings and configurations.

We usually recommend having at least 2 administrators per account, but no more than 4/5.

The following article might be useful for further information on this topic:

Access rights for Administrators

I hope this helps!

Cheers,

Valentina 🎃

Your reply