Answered

How to stop time sheets being auto-approved?

• 24 August 2021
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi Personio Community!

My team are using attendance tracking for timesheets for each day. I have set it up so that they input their project against each day. 

I have also set up the default approval step for attendance submissions to go to me (selected as a Specific Employee). 

However, whenever they complete a timesheet and save the entry it shows as approved rather than pending and I never receive an approval request. 

Any ideas on how to stop this automation and allow me to approve the submissions? 

Thank you!

icon

Best answer by CécileM 24 August 2021, 14:43

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Hello and welcome to the Personio Community, @BenCarterBrightNetwork !

I hope this message finds you well.

In order for an approval process to be triggered, you need to go to Settings>Employee Roles, choose the role that is impacted by this, then go to Access Rights>Attendance Data and set the rights to Propose Own.

If you put Edit Own, that will mean employees will be able to fill in their times without approval requests. It will just looked as approved automatically. The Propose right will make sure that you receive the notifications and you can accept the requests. In that situation, the Pending status will appear.

Does this help you? Please let me know if it still does not work!

Kindest regards,

Cécile.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thanks Cecile!

I have made that fix and will see how the submissions go on Friday. 

Thank you!

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hi @BenCarterBrightNetwork,

I hope you had a lovely weekend!

Would you be so kind as to let us know did the solution given above helped you to solve the issue in your Personio account?

Kind regards,

Dino

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @Dino Hadzikadunic,

Yes - I have just marked @CécileM as the best answer. It worked exactly to plan.

Thank you!

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi, 

We have (partially) the same issue. But we found out, that this (probably) applies only to employees with admin access since it got always auto-approved when I entered working time, after setting up the approval-workflow.
Is this on purpose that from people with admin access the attendance is auto-approved? If so, how can this be changed?
For absence requests this is not applicable, these are not auto-approved for people with admin access. 

Can you help?

Thanks and kind regards

Sabrina

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Hey @sabrina.refurbed 

This is normal behaviour as employees with the role Administrator have exclusive rights to all of Personio and therefore can put through requests without approval. For absences, it is true that they can still request absences and the notification is pushed through to the approver. However, they still have the option to approve the absences themselves or to use the skip approval option when putting in the absence. 

We have a guide called Best Practice: Admin Light (Outdated article) which runs through how to workaround the issue of attendances/absences being auto approved for Administrators. This should help you to stop this happening in future.

If you require any assistance when setting this up, please let me know 😄

Best,

Conor

Good morning, 

We are facing the same issue with the Admin account and cannot find a solution. Unfortunately the link “Best Practice: Admin light” does not work.

Can you please advice on how to proceed?

Thank you!

Best regards

Daniela

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi @Dani S,

thanks for pointing this out! You are right, that article doesn’t exist anymore. I will edit Conors last comment. :) 
Our Content Team is constantly updating and removing articles. 

In this case, just for you to know, Conor's answer is still up-to-date. The Admin has automatically edit rights for everything. Therefore, all entered times by an admin are automatically approved, and you can not change that with any setting right now. 

Conor was asking if it was a solution to give the admin only access rights to the settings and all other relevant parts of Personio, besides the own attendances. (That’s basically what Admin Light ment.)
But this only works in rare occasions. (The wording “Admin light” is also missleading thats why we don’t use it anymore.) :) 

Best,
Lena

Your reply